1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Cocaine is adulterated on arrival of distribution hub. Kilos have to be pure. The price of street blow can vary wildly. I use to charge lawyers in Malibu 350 for an 8 ball plus 50 for the delivery. I’d charge 180 for the same product to other people. Price per key depends on volume of purchase and if you’re being fronted or not. But you can rely fairly well on the quality of a kilo if you aren’t dealing with throat cutting snakes.

BUT like anything else it’s beholden to supply and demand so you’re right.

Disclaimer: I do not sell drugs anymore and have no relationship with anyone in that industry at this point in my life.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like scotch and Irish whisky but the most I’ve ever spent on a bottle was probably 75-85, is this that much better? Also is it the peaty type, I like that stuff too.

3. Boman Forklift

You f..er, serve it neat or I guess you could put ice in it.

:D

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't adulterate the good stuff with ice anymore.

A very sage advisor on r/wallstreetsilver posted his trick: a few American Eagles in the freezer. Drop two of those per finger into the whisky glass. Your booze gets chilled, but not watered down.

You can thank me now......

I don't have any 5oz bars at this time, but I'ma buy a couple on this dip for this very purpose when I decide to really tie one on.

5. Boman Forklift

I usually drink it neat, but a couple years ago for Father’s Day the kids bought me two of those big round ice cube makers. It makes a ball of ice about 1.5-2 inches in diameter. I will use that on something cheaper like Jameson sometimes, or when friends come over, that want to try something. Since most people think you are a hardcore alcoholic if you drink it the proper way.

6. auminer

Try the method I mentioned using a couple of one ounce silver coins. Feels decadent, opulent as shit, and very effective, too.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yes it is. honestly, not just saying that. and yes it is. not like Laphroig peaty, but more so than like Oban or Auchentoshan or Balvenie. it was real good. the Glennfiddich 40 was better i think. are they worth $5-6k? i dunno about all that, but hey, you only live once and you're only 40 once and i got that one for like $2300 so it felt fair to me haha. only thing i can say about 30yr. and 40yr. stuffs is, they're smoother, the flavors kind of... explode at different parts of the tongue like more complex, and the finish lingers more. my favorite regular-buy-guy like 10 years ago was like $75-85, Oban 18. I like that one a lot, but now even that shits like $150. i've been a homebody for years like i said, and i've been pretty much over drinking at all baring occasionally going to sit outside at a nice winery on a nice day, but good scotch is good scotch still i guess. the Balvenie i'm about to give away was a gift to me from like 3 years ago that i haven't opened. i have a bottle of Macallan 12 from when i moved into my house that was a gift that's like 1/4th drank in 4 years. and i have a bottle of Redbreast 15 (which i've never tried any of their stuff ever) that was also a gift that isn't opened. and i have a bottle of Auchentoshan 18 that was a gift from being in my friend's wedding... also i haven't opened haha. *shrug...

Boman Forklift and Greg ZX6R like this.
  8. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I hate to distract from booze talk since its a favored past time of mine, but is this dude worth listening to?

Also, how come the bbs doesnt have a booze thread… seems so obvious!

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well he is on YT, so of course.

HPPT, YamahaRick and MyWayGuy like this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Ugh, you might wanna take that down..........

11. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

That bad, huh…. :crackup:

Well, thats why I asked… Now back to booze talk! :beer:

12. Boman Forklift

First ya gotta have some silver coins. When I read that I actually didn’t google it yet and thought they were gold coins.

Lololol

13. Boman Forklift

I’ve had regular red breast at a bar and liked it enough I’ve bought 2-3 bottles for me over the years and gave another to my future Son-in-law. I found it at an Irish bar when I had been drinking scotch for a year or so and asked them what was good but different?

The way I got started was being on a diet and wanting a low calorie drink when with friends. Way lower versus beer or wine.

Another ?65-85 one I liked is called Green Dot.

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You guys like to make expensive urine.

cortezmachine and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

They have more expensive ones than these in the store. at least you can buy these online and pickup in store for when the occasion happens

upload_2022-7-15_6-58-31.png

16. auminer

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not much of a fire sale when no one is selling…

18. auminer

Check my ninja edit. Walmart. (yes, Walmart) has the best deal going right now. Just don't try to use your Discover card. They flag it as fraudulent transaction even when you try and make the purchase WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH THEM. :mad:

19. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

When you take the Jameson tour they tell you to add 2 drops of water to the whiskey. It " opens the flavors " up as they say. I did notice a slight difference in taste when they had you try it.

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Water is added to almost all whiskey when it is bottled, so it’s not a crime to do that yourself. Even with expensive stuff. Especially if it is cask strength.

BigBird likes this.