1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep picking a fight with an American can be a mistake, they might accept :crackup:

Gino230 likes this.
  2. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I also think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that Stanboli and Attack have thousands of miles and the data that goes with it concerning the use of Dunlop tires on their bike. The Italian manufactures could care less how Dunlop tires work on their top of the line sportbikes and race bikes as the whole bike is designed, engineered and tested around Pirellis.

5axis and G 97 like this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Remember,, You're talkin about one of the most passionate and prideful manufactures, short of Ferrari and worshiped by the tifosi.
    Ducati do NOT want to be beat, much less embarrassed, hence all the top degos that have been showing up at MA rounds, they're not on holiday.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're also more than happy to pull out of a series if they don't get rule changes to benefit them :D

5. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

The latest episode of inside motoamerica has the never before seen footage of scholtz "buzzing" by dp in the ridge qualifying session right before dp decided to play bumper cars. I don't think that pass would have have infringed upon a typical track day orgs intermediate group passing rules. I think pedouchey just has the emotional intelligence of a prepubescent boy.

hotnail likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"pedouchey": that sounds totally grown-up. :D

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes but it’s postpubescent. LOL

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Didn't that come from Stanboli and his gang ?

kirk erlinger likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know. I haven't seen the videos.

10. MV Rider

I agree with you but that still does not change the fact that Attack Racing has the experience, the data, a quality bike and a very good rider to work with. I do not hate Attack Racing, Yamaha or Gagne but I would like to see them challenged more than what is going on right now. It does not make for a quality series when one rider and one brand of bike is winning every race, especially in the premier class.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Remember when Suzuki ruled with the top 2 riders?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I still think the major problem is with the bike and the very narrow window in which it will work at the very top level. Changing conditions between practice and race seems to leave it wanting. I doubt Ducati is willing to accept that their bike is fatally flawed and are placing a ton of pressure on the crew and rider, for results. IMO, the Panagale v4 is not anywhere near the top bike available.

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  14. MV Rider

That also got old too but at least there were two riders. We now have only one. I would not bet against Jake. I think he is definitely in charge unless he has a mechanical or gets injured.

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I just don’t think he’s on the equivalent bike of Bautista and I don’t know if Gagne is on the equivalent bike of Toprak, but if it isn’t, I bet Stanboli has it at 99.9some odd percent as good.

Edit….Minus whatever technical rules that would obviously make the bikes different.

16. Quicktoy

I said the same thing in different words ;)

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We should get @KWyman133 s thoughts on this.

18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If Kyle could offer his true, unfiltered opinions - how awesome would it be to hear his feedback after riding almost all major players the past few seasons and all on top level teams including his own. Honda and Kawi being the exceptions I guess but now Suzuki, BMW, Yamaha, Ducati.

19. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

The bike has its flaw for sure, they all do, but I would argue Ducati is hurt by only having one rider in the series.

This is because if they have one tech issue or crash then fail behind Attack on testing, data collection, etc.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

But after The Ben left it was back to just one Suzuki rider dominating :/