1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

He has changed his attitude and how he relates with people in his interviews, for sure . imo.

Good to see.

Dragginass likes this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I agree. I still think he came here expecting to dominate (many of you said he was going to run away with it....), and it took him a while to humble himself and redirect his frustration. I'm not pulling for "him", but the series would benefit if he can compete with Gagne head to head.

cav115 likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Got any data to support that? ;)

G 97 likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was one of those saying that he would run away with it, and I still think he will. When I watch his race craft in the opening laps, he looks like he's on a different level. He can make up gaps and muscle his way through like the other guys can't. Gagne seems to check off early and run away, but I think Petrux will figure out qualifying and the opening laps. He's still figuring things out early in the season.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

As I think Pridmore eluded to……if he didn’t then I am…..someone needs to be very aggressive with Gagne in order to have a fighting chance….he just gaps them so quickly that it’s a snooze fest after 1-2 laps.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have to say I heard his podium interviews over the PA and I thought his attitude was much improved. Cam being gracious about the corkscrew incident certainly helped set the tone, too. But there was lots of applause for their comments. FWIW.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Well credit to you for standing by your dude but I don't that Ducati's there yet. I think the rest of the tracks we're going to the Ducati will struggle.

This is a case of Gange being the best rider on the best bike. I think the championship is over.

8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I was on a bit of an emotional roller coaster with Danilo after Atlanta, VIR, and Elkhart. I rode up to Washington for the Ridge not quite sure how I felt, but looking forward to getting a real feel on the ground, and still looking forward to saying hello.

Thursday evening I watched the Carruthers and Bice interview with him and was feeling more positive. Friday morning I spoke with various folks in the paddock whose opinions I respect and got very mixed reviews from "He's not a bad guy" to "He's just a jerk" to "Who knows, nobody ever sees him, he doesn't hang out" etc.

Then after he bumped into Mathew and Max I was like, OK, that's it, he's a total dickhead. That evening he and Eraldo were sitting at the table next to mine at dinner but I didn't even feel like saying "Ciao Danilo, welcome to America". Then he said some nice stuff on the podium and I was like, I'm so confused...is he really a nice guy struggling with his new life in a strange new land, or did someone just tell him to act like one? So I still wasn't sure what to think.

I must say, the whole weekend at Laguna he seemed pretty cool, and it seemed to be legit. Once again he was the laughing smiling joking Danilo, I saw him being very friendly with the fans, and with Jake and Cam, so once again I'm thinking OK I guess I like this dude again. Maybe he was also trying to be on his best behavior with Ciabatti there?

He's had a few weeks to recover, had some fun in the sun in California, got to ride a little MX, and they had a relatively smooth weekend even though he didn't kick ass like he hoped he would. He doesn't like getting his ass kicked by Jake, but then again Cam and Mathew don't like it much either.

He'll probably pitch a bitch at Brainerd, so I'll just enjoy the positive vibes while I can!

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Jake/Attack are way too dialed in for that, IMO. Danilo might develop that Duc to the point of running with Jake, but I don't think anyone is going to run away from Jake so long as he's here.

G 97 likes this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

In my mind, Laguna was going to be the indicator. If Petrucci was going to win the Championship, he needed to be faster than Jake/Attack at Laguna. Something could still happen to Jake to make it suspenseful, but odds are he keeps this championship lead to the end.

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah if Petrucci didn't care much for VIR, he's gonna get a wake up call at Brainerd. LOL. Arguably the worse track MA is running at.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t think that bikes he’s on is the equivalent of the Yamaha.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

No data required. Just feelings because you know, social media followers. It has to be true. LOL

pickled egg likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, did you ever have a clean break up in your younger days? :D

418, Boman Forklift and Peter Hively like this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

New country, new tracks, newish language. Expecting to dominate a local series. Injuries. Initial success followed by challenges.

I would expect anyone to be frustrated in that situation. Imagine if SDK was expected to be competitive the first year and was having the season he is. How frustrated would he be. Now add years more of success.

Don't know Petrucci could be a total tool but so far he has performed well in my opinion compared to other Euros recently. He has good and bad moments in public. Seems like a normal dude.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta be near him to be aggressive :crackup:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, it's not just me. I read his post wondering how aggression was going to get them close to him.

18. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Does this come into play more than we know or want to admit?

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

When I rode in Italy this summer, I noticed a few things that help explain Danillo's attitude. They are a little different over there- very emotional and at the same time ridiculously aggressive, even when it's not important. There's lots of bar banging when they race. Just getting out on the track from pit out is a major competition and almost always involves contact.

When one of them crashes, there's alot of waving of arms and jumping up and down in the gravel trap- even when other riders are coming by next lap there is wild gesturing. I said to Kaleb "what is up with that? Dude crashed on his own?" You would have thought a Yates / Fania style fight was about to happen from the way they act after a crash.

Not making excuses for Danillo, he's ridden at the top levels and you generally don't see that stuff. But I could see it being much less of a big deal to him to bang into someone on the cool down lap- They screw with each other in Italy like that constantly. in 'Murica, THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS! :crackup:

20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

I don't think that His Eyetalian boy's are equivalent to Stanboli..