1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging our resident Canaders: Alex Dumas?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jul 9, 2022.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

418, cav115, HPPT and 1 other person like this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He was doing very well on a second tier Effenbert Ducati. He was in fifth position in a race when Careless Chucker came from a lap behind and sent him waltzing on a patch of astroturf and broke his back. That little Spanish turd deserved a serious bitch slap if there was any justice.

Effenbert started the season like a true coke addict fielding 3 or 4 bikes and realised mid-season that racing was lowering their blow budget so they sacked half the team. A real fucking joke.

So I totally understand McCormick saying "fuck this, I'm going back to school."

Dumas is very talented and has a great team of motivated people. He's still really young and could go places for sure, I don't know what is holding him back here.

HPPT likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Dumas skipped supersport. He took the jr. Cup to twins, turn 18 and ride stock 1000 route. If covid never happened he would most likely be on the m4 superbike right now. His best result was a 2nd his rookie year then he got a nasty injury Bout halfway through at ridge iirc . Hes got serious potential but noles is right, he wants to be a pilot at this point in his life. I think hed be midpack at best at this point in time at the wsbk level, he needs more reps than he gets in Canada imo

4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Maybe he figures Jordan Szoke has gotta retire at some point....

stk0308 likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Did his trophy case fall over and kill anyone?

8. cha0s#242

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Jordan got hurt before the season started. Been recovering ever since. Guy should probably hang up the helmet to be honest. He already walked with a massive limp. Cant imagine how he will be getting around after this injury.

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I would add that all those injuries will get too him in his old age. But isnt he already like 68 year old? Or is that 68 in Canadian years?

:D

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

68 in DuHamel years, so that makes him at least 110.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Szoke was at a DOCC track weekend at Mosport several years back.I thought I could ride a little bit until I watched him.:bow:

14. riversbikes

riversbikes Well-Known Member

The current situation with racing up here in Canada makes me wonder how DuHamel, Crevier, and Picotte did what they did down in 'murica in the 80s and 90s... as we all know, there was far more sponsorship money back in the day.

15. cha0s#242

it's always an eye opening experience to be on track at the same time as a pro. I remember being passed by Clint McBain at Calabogie while he was drifting the rear tire a few years ago. It was an awesome sight ! :bow:

tl1098 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He did the same thing to me at Pocono around 1998. Except I didn't think I could ride a little bit, so I didn't lose too much sleep over it. It was like watching someone float away on a magic carpet.

418 and cha0s#242 like this.
  17. Would be nice to round up some $$$ and try to lease Alex D a ride for at least a few rounds over the pond with a French team :)
    I rate the kid a lot higher than his results showed. He got caught out at the wrong time with Covid and an injury. At least he was smart enough to realize he missed most of his window and needs to execute plan b. His dad always had a plan b for him for life after racing , wish more parents would do the same. It’s sad to see some of these parents 2nd mortgage, probably title loan or two, maxed out credit to get their kid racing who clearly doesn’t have the talent but they will not listen. Some times it’s the reality. Sometimes the kid needs to get away from those parents. That’s what is good about Alex, dad was a decent racer but he’s not riding for dad and his dad just becomes a personal assistant for him. Alex treats my son like gold from first time he met him. Couple years ago at road Atlanta I was in M4 pits (my friend bought a twins ride for his some (Blasius kid). My son just clicked with Alex and vice versa. Next thing ya know Alex is asking me if it’s ok to take my son here or there. Made a huge impression on him that “famous” racers take the time to show people around and “be nice people because they want to and not because they have to”.
    That’s that part of the sport some of these guys don’t get. Cam Peterson has taken over reigns of going the extra mile to make a fans day. I’d have thought Petrucci would have but I was wrong :) I know a couple guys at that team and the expectation at start of the season was clear. Have the championship wrapped up before the last round. That wasn’t a goal it was an expectation. I’m sure he’s frustrated, coming from GP to MA is quite a change. Next up is WERA for him :)

HPPT likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Was that the FUSA/GP/PRO event with him on an FBF Ducati?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was the Sunday before that, at a track day. Some of the people in the club had a relationship with Ferracci and invited him to take advantage of the free practice time. They showed up at some point around lunch break and parked in a different section of the paddock, so I did not know anything about it until Szoke flew by me in a corner like I had my kickstand out. With that long ponytail, I actually thought it was a chick.

20. cha0s#242

He's had some of the weirdest looks throughout the years :crackup: