1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging our resident Canaders: Alex Dumas?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jul 9, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No disrespect to y'all's domestic championship but why is he still racing up there? Why don't more of your people give the world championships a try?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cant get enough sponsorship money from Tim Hortons?

Or possibly because the exchange rate is ~$1 = 48,000,000 canadabucks or guilders or whatever that currency is up there.

stk0308 likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think he's focusing on being a pilot and then also racing from what I remember

younglion and HPPT like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Pretty sure what actually went down is he couldn't get back to US due to the Rona and ended up having to relinquish his ride and stay up there.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Maybe he's just scared y'all frogs will lock him up in the Château d'If...

o_O

Nick_OMC and Robin172 like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He's in lockdown with a bunch of hookers and blow.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

He needs a greater social media presence.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Because bikes are not a big thing up here. Shorter riding season affects bike sales. And less track time to hone your skills. And with that comes less recognition. And less recognition means less sponsorship visibility.

Race season up here generally starts in May, and ends October. And that is in Southern Ontario.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

He needs to tiktok his discord server in order to OnlyFans™!!

BigBird and G 97 like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It’s actually hard to believe, there is a 1st world country, with less interest in bikes than the United States.

BigBird, cav115 and ducnut like this.
  11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Motorcycle sales in Canada almost always equal motorcycle sales in California which is actually impressive given the population of both is identical and they have great roads and can ride all year in Cali.

I'm gonna say all the Scandinavian countries are less interested in 2-wheels than us as well - Sweden, Norway, Finland...

I heard the same as Noles19 - he was trying to become a commercial pilot and racing up here was a happy distraction for him.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. $$$ and focused on life outside of racing.

rd49 likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Would Dumas be competitive on a WSBK grid? WSSP? (Let's say mid-pack)

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

My guess - he follows the same progress as he showed on the Stock 1000 Hammer bike - similar to Escalante this year on their SBK.
    Further back for the first 1/3 season, top 8-10 by mid season, maybe top 4-7 by years end on a good bike in WSBK.

He’s talented and methodical, no reason to think he wouldn’t be competitive given the right opportunity and if his heart was in it.

thinking about it now, I’d guess similar to the progress shown by the last Canuck in WSBK - Brett McCormick.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would think he would finish behind Gerloff, so is that mid pack?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was going to ask about him. He looked very promising. What happened to him? I don't remember.

Depends which Gerloff is showing up that day.

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks.

20. I think near the end if year 1 on a 2 year deal on a decent WSS team he’d start to show his form. He’s a sharp kid, pleasure to be around and I think given the right team around him with good kit underneath him I’d place a solid $500 to the AFF if he wasn’t top 12 by last 1/4 of year 1.

HPPT likes this.