travelling in Europe - '22

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm going to Egypt Sept 1st then Madagascar in Oct for a month. Was really looking at Zanzibar, seems like an awesome island but I'm looking for the best wind for kiteboarding. It was my first choice but the wind season is dying in Oct. Bilene Mozambique looks cool and not for from SA

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Late Sept for 2 weeks, self driving tour, counterclockwise from Edinburgh

britx303 likes this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Check it out again. This is from the Spanish Government website:

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR SPAIN (updated May 25, 2022)

Beginning on May 21, 2022, all foreigners, regardless of their reason for travel, will be able to enter Spain by presenting one of the following documents:

• Proof of vaccination: Documentation from the issuing countries' relevant authorities will be accepted starting 14 days after the final dose is administered, as long as more than 270 days have not passed since the administration of the final dose of the vaccine. For those under 18 years of age, proof of vaccination has no expiration date.
    • Negative COVID test: A negative Nucleic Acid Amplification test (PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR, etc.) taken within 72 hours of departure for Spain, or a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) taken within 24 of departure for Spain, will be accepted.
    • Proof of recovery from COVID: Documentation issued by relevant government authorities or by a physician a minimum of 11 days after the initial positive result via NAAT or rapid antigen test. This documentation will remain valid for 180 days following the date of the initial positive test result.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’m with @Captain Morgan why die on the I won’t vaccinate hill? If you want to travel make it easy on yourself and get it.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

maybe you were drinking when you thought up the comparison? How does your paper vax card work? Like a passport?
    What happens if your paper vax card gets wet?

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Most places require a photo of the card to be uploaded to a govt website. Take a pic of it and keep it on your phone. Kinda like you would do with you know.. a regular passport.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

193 countries in the world. According to Motion's link 72 now have no COVID protocol whatsoever.

It's kind of like the mask thing. Everybody said it's the new normal and get used to it and then everybody quietly stopped wearing one and nothing has been mentioned since.

So I'll die on that hill I guess.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

All of the EU countries and the UK have a QR code you can put on your phone to show vaccination status.

Guess what country requires you to show proof of vaccination to enter if you're not a citizen?

418 likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

The freest country of them all? :crackup:

10. Captain Morgan

11. Captain Morgan

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

your passport or passport id card has a few security features beyond the initial application approval that wouldnt wash away with water. Im amused the Govts dont just make things simple by adding an easily identifiable permanent endorsement. The option to furnish a physicians written sequence of recovery events is amusing too.

13. Captain Morgan

Don't go out there and reinvent the wheel. Photo, numbers, done, welcome to wherever

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Brave soul, I won’t drive over there. I get too messed up with the direction flip……..even when crossing the road on foot:D September is a nice time to go

15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Most of my family is in Sussex between Horsham and Gatwick but my youngest brother is in Inverness and my youngest sister is all the way up in Wick! Maybe by next year we'll head back over to visit. Not sure how we're gonna navigate visiting everyone, that's quite a spread, I'd love to drive it but we'd spend the whole trip in the car lol.

britx303 likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Y’know, if that’s what blows your dress up, have a great time!!!

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

If Lands End to John o'Groats can be done on an Enfield.........you can do this :D

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cornwall to Scotland, end to end. That must be a nice ride!

19. periodic

periodic Well-Known Member

I’m currently in Australia. Australia had one of the strictest guidelines in place when around this time last year.

I was told I needed my vaccination card, but nobody checked it at all when I landed here nor has anybody asked anything about it. I did have to upload it to the government website and present it to delta when I was getting my boarding pass, they told me AUS customs would require it when I arrived.

I landed in Sydney and I took a flight to Melbourne from Sydney. My girlfriend got our boarding passes figured out on the app and I was not asked for my ID, passport, Vax card or ANYTHING when I traveled to Melbourne.

Pretty crazy how times have changed here lol.

20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:D