1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weather

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jan 30, 2013.

1. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I saw the other day that in the month of June we only had 1 day below average in ATX and every other day was above. We had 9 record high days iirc. The heat in the day would not bother me so much if it would cool off at night. 77 degrees at 5 am sucks

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

15 years ago today, my wife and I were in Vegas for 7/7/7 when McCarran Airport weather station tied the all-teme ever any day of the year record high since they began keeping records in Las Vegas. 127°.

The heat was so bad, the fingernail polish on my wife's fingernails had some sort of reaction and she said it felt like they were about to rip out of her cuticles.

Yes. Yes it does...

[​IMG]

wsmc42 and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How does 77 suck? To me that’s perfect.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd rather shovel snow for 5 months of the year than deal with that shit. I'm fat, I can dress for snow, I can't dress for that heat. You're just being slow cooked like a brisket at that temperature.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm with you, partially. I'd settle for 3 months of snow and that would be enough for me. But I agree, past a certain temperature, you can't take anymore clothes off to endure the heat.

Banditracer likes this.
  6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

At 12 noon, 77 is great. The humidity to keep it at 77 at 5 am when the sun has been down for 7+ hours makes it suck.

skidooboy and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've been out there in the 120's too and I'll take it any day compared to 98 in the Ohio Valley. I've been riding to work every day for the last 2 weeks but I had to drive today. It was 101 when I left the office yesterday and by the time I got home I was soaked. Completely miserable. Didn't even hit 2 Stroke Tuesday last night because it's no fun in this weather.

8. Dan Dubeau

3months of snow would be a good compromise IF, we had 2 more months of fall. Fall in Ontario is just perfect :D. It's always over too quick.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't mind winter, just gotta get out and enjoy it, snowmobiling and snowshoeing do it for me. What I hate is these winters where we lose our snow repeatedly. Not supposed to be slogging around in the mud in February.
    We were in Vegas one year for the dealer show in Sept. and it was 110-112 everyday we were there. Fuck that, no way I could live in that full time. I'll take some cold over heat and humidity.

11. cha0s#242

The cold and humid is what kills me (and my joints). This is why I might find a way to retire someplace warmer (at least snowbird it for the winter months).

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

I hate the beginning and end of winter where it's just cold, but there's no snow, and not enough ice to go fishing. Jan-feb are good. The end of Nov, Dec and march can fuck right off.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Best just fly straight to Costa Rica or something, we got enough of you overly-polite Queen-bowing snow immigrants taking up prime US real estate.

Ain’t that right, @crashman? :D

14. Dan Dubeau

We used to go to Cuba, but now you guys are down there and wrecked the place. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

Don't you worry, I'd rather go to somewhere a little less dangerous :D

pickled egg likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is this where I’m supposed to say I’m sorry? :Poke:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

Only our liberals so yep I would see that ruining it......though we think the same about you coming to Barber (j/k look forward to Canadians friends coming there every year)

18. Dan Dubeau

One of these days I will make it down to Barber. Probably not to ride, but I want to walk through that museum before I check out. Especially to see the Britten. I'll try not to wreck the place :D

19. sheepofblue

The Britten is cool but there is floors of cool. Board trackers are great, the old stuff is great, the new races, the army bikes and the list goes on. Oh and some cars and a Cushman or two.

20. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member