1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride with Scott Russell at Barber in the Concours de Competition July 2, 2022

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Charlie, the bike us undergoing a complete rebuild at the moment with all parts being methodically cleaned, checked and replaced if necessary. I'm putting a new rod/big end/main bearings in it (I last replaced those in 1983/84) and the piston is the one I put in it in 1987 so that will need to be renewed. The correct piston for that engine isn't available anymore, they have a boost port in the back and are single ring but I've found a two ring one with the port.

This is a time consuming and not exactly inexpensive job but it will be on the track ASAP.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I had a BLAST! It's so great an event is being put on where old bikes (some quite rare) are being ran at speed. I got to run beside a TZ750 and got passed by Scott Russel. I could blab on but I'll try to restrain myself. I also met the son and grandson of Pops Yoshimura.

JBall likes this.
  3. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Yup…was fun. Wish my bike didn’t break… but, my Monkey Wrench beer disappeared faster then Scott did on the track …

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The bike deserves it Robin, good for you......I will say when I rode it, its overall condition seemed acceptable, until the unforeseen rear wheel bearing failure.:( ....I believe that opened more eyes on its bottom-line condition than just mine......

Hope to see you and it sometime in the future......I'm pretty locked in on Blackhawk farms as next.

Good meeting you Dave. You ran good man! did you stay and race sunday V6HW?

Yea, those Yosh guys, and the "collector" who brought all those old bikes was a cool dude too.

Jerome did a great job on that bike Scott Russel rode. Ron Raven even got voted a well deserved award for his TR500, that was great to see, he earned it!

I didnt get to ride, but still had a good time.......Drinking Bowies beer was the icing on the cake.......even tho he drank mine on friday nite....???? Wait a minute...:eek::crackup::beer: I will admit, Bowies beer was waayy better than mine tho.

dave3593 likes this.
  6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Yea, I stayed and ran V6HW Sunday. It was fun but not as fun as all the vintage bikes Saturday. Jay had a mechanical issue with his YZF 750 and couldn't ride Sunday.

Ron's TR500 is beautiful. I had a ball trading places a little with Mark Morrow who was riding it. Typically I couldn't keep up with him but my newer TZ is faster than the older TR500.

Yea, the collector guy had some nice bikes including the TZ750. His daughter was on an older BMW. I was so happy to see a woman on a vintage bike.

JBall likes this.
  7. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who showed up for this competition! My step-dad and I had a great time checking out the bikes on and off the track as well as chatting with a few of the participants. I'm looking forward to this event in the future. Perhaps I'll try entering one of my bikes.