1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules thought...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LW class specific. Any reason to not allow F2 machinery to run LW Twins?

The current question is about an R6 chassis with an FZ07 engine in it which isn't LW Twins legal but is F2 legal, I'm not seeing any issue with it. I know the chassis is better but it is a superbike class that allows you to modify the stock chassis to any extent, this is just a cheaper way to do the same thing really.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Rulebook says on a case by case basis. I would say leave the rulebook as it is. Personally, I dont mind the R6/FZ07 hybrid, but definitely do not open it up to all F2 machinery. If somebody shows up with a 565cc R6, ZX6, GSXR, everybody that is on a true LW bike would be wasting g their time...

Waterboy and Phl218 like this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

4. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I say do not allow any F2 type machines in the class. Why mess around with rules that are currently working. At CMP there were around 8 LW teams within a couple seconds of each other in lap times.

If you start to let in F2 type machines all it really takes is for one team to build something that will crush the field. With manufacturers really pushing LW type machines there will always be new bikes that fit in the LW Twins superbike rule set.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for me, thanks for the input!

regularguy likes this.
  6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

So is it in or out?

(OK by me, just an R7 with a better frame.)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To be honest I can't remember if I gave the team currently running one permission or not - and I can't find any communication with them although that is on me not them. I may have wanted to try it out and see how the bike does - and I'm still good with that thought for them.

JBall likes this.