1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine stand

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Rick, I think Gino is still on the FZ-07.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

FZ 07

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't have that one. If someone had a set of cases (to borrow), I'd make one for free in exchange.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Gino230 likes this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Update on the engine stand project.

So, here we have the $75 Amazon engine cradle. I've drilled it so I can use a stainless rod (seemed less flexible than the threaded rods) to go through the rear motor mount and I'll drill and secure with hitch style pins and washers.

The front, I'm going to have to fab up some kind of bracket to go to the motor mount locations on the head. Hopefully this will stabilize it enough where I don't need to go for a third mounting point. Not quite as trick as a custom one, but better than dragging it around in a takeoff or plastic bin.

So far, the plan is aluminum bent and drilled to make the brackets. Buying a welder and teaching myself to weld is not in the cards right now, since I have a few other projects and race season is still in full swing. Perhaps in the off season....

@RM Racing if I had a set of cases, they would be on the way to you already!

engine stand 1.jpg engine stand 2.jpg

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I would love to help you..and others.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. Gino230

Do you need to take it back to the shop? Or could you take some measurements at the track? I will be at Barber.....

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Here is stand I made. I did it this way on purpose so I can work on top end or any side of engine. It is simple square with 4 uprights.
    I have set of cases as well if you want it for making stand.

Attached Files:

Gino230 likes this.
  8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Don't know that I will make it to Barber this year. But the answer would be yes.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

If/when, put me down for one also.

10. Gino230

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

that looks pretty straightforward.

and it's crash-protected

Gino230 likes this.
  12. Gino230

Despite having a bin of bolts of various makes and models of motorcycles, I had no FZ engine mount bolts. The eBay set came with the sliders, and I’m glad they did. The bolts are too long and I would have had to rig up a spacer.

if I ever learn to weld, I will improve it a bit so it’s only secured by the cases. That way I can remove the head if needed.

Phl218 likes this.