1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Cole Forbes

Cole Forbes

Cole Forbes

Cole Forbes

Cole Forbes

Sudowoodo and Phl218 like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Great idea BC....lets get this beyotch ranked higher....

Cole Forbes KTM
    Cole Forbes Enduro
    Cole Forbes GNCC
    Forbes racing KTM
    @forbescole
    @forbesracing_50
    @ktmusa

Sudowoodo and Phl218 like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You must be one of them social media influencers. ;)

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Nothing posted since early May. Was hoping there'd be a post about a recent podium.

8. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Fuck that kid. Hope he never races again. I don’t need pieces of shit like that ruining a sport I love. I don’t care what kind of apologies he comes up with now. Sorry for your injuries man.

The Todd likes this.
  9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

That’s straight up sociopath behavior. To just not give a shit about the other rider, like he’s a tree branch stuck in your forks that just needs to be kicked out and cleared….

crazy…

RichB likes this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Have you ever raced an off-road race? Because Melk is spot on. Its a respect thing on both the faster and slower riders ends and 99.9% of the time the one getting passed finds a wide spot and rolls off and the faster guy is gone. Its the 'earn your pass' guys that get guys hurt. There isn't a 30' wide road course, its 3' wide so there isn't a lot of room for a clean pass.

R1M370, FastByKids and turner38 like this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I didn’t perceive that Melk was trying to place the blame on the guy being passed so much as I perceive that he has a tendency to bring up generalities or some ancillary point that is not relevant to the specific situation and then dig in on it. I don’t know why.

I took the accounting of @t500racer at his word. Not only because it was a clearheaded (and shocking) and detailed recitation of the series of events, but because it was given from an obviously experienced point of view. And he asked for advice, after a period of time, on what, if anything, to do in this problematic situation. What was his motive? In my opinion, to prevent something similar or worse from happening again to someone else. That squares with my understanding of him based on 20 years of milling around this place. A stand up guy who corners low, in the accepted vernacular.

No, I don’t ride hare scrambles, but I do pay attention.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Exactly, like everything else it’s about balance. No slow guy want a faster guy behind him any longer than necessary. On the courses we race with SORCs there just isn’t ANYWHERE to go sometimes without ruining the slower riders race. Most of the time it’s a Congo line waiting on a hot line or a mistake by others. A little respect goes a long way, being a Dick doesn’t get you very far nor does being the nice guy blazing new trail for a faster
    rider to pass. That can make for a really long day…

Spooner likes this.
  13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Exactly, he wasn't referencing this incident at all. He was replying to the guy that didn't think he needed to get out of the way of the race that he wasn't even in. Its guys like that, who end up getting hurt because they make the faster rider force the issue instead of losing .5 seconds and getting out of the way. Again, its a respect thing.

Yzasserina likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tags, man.

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

In my opinion (yeah I know). This is the biggest issue in offroad racing (enduro, sprint enduro, cross country, Harescrambles, GNCC), 100's of lines of people, 4 to 6 riders wide, in different classes, different skill sets, and different speed variables, and experience. all turned loose 1 minute apart... or whole class starts with slower less experienced at the back, barely getting under way, when the Pro, A classes catch up to them. what could go wrong? yeah, I wanna start on row 10 or 11 as a fast C, slow B 55 year old rider, with the pro's coming behind me on rows 15-25... NOT!

IMHO, pro, AA, and A should have their own, day, race, course to themselves, B, and C riders, the same. morning program, afternoon program, evening program, the race is usually only 1 day so... split it into 2 days. am's on saturday, pro and A on sunday.

and for those that say, people arent in the race... might not be in their race but, we are racing our own group and peers, and should have a reasonable expectation, we can race, and not get booted by someone not even in our class, while we try to compete at our own level.
    Ski

Gino230, dtalbott, Past Glory and 2 others like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thread has grabbed 3rd and is running hard toward the revlimitor!!! :D

17. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

The point is, the way and manner of this overtaking rider. It seems some of you 'experienced racers' are missing that point.
    Total disregard for the physical safety of the rider being overtaken.
    That's all I've got to say about this.
    OP, Sorry this happened to you, and I hope you heal well.

If it happened to me? This guy may not be able to walk right ever again after i was through. Did I say that out loud?

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

What series are you riding where you have pro's starting behind b and c class guys?

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

CCS.....

20. 418

418 Expert #59

He's not not defending anybody, he is explaining how off road racing works.

Also a good reason why I don't do them. I'm not moving over for a faster guy because there is no room to pass while he's incessantly hollering at me to move over.

That's not racing to me.