1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knew club racing could actually look exciting?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jun 22, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

And still no quantifiable data. Awesome. But I’m sure you’ve gridded up and race with WERA and MotoAmerica specifically after watching Josh on social media. Brilliant. LOL. Keep spinning,

If it’s a statistically known fact that clicks equate into direct participation, show me the numbers. Keep discussing in terms of generalities that you spent two minutes trying to understand while ignoring the greater impact of specifics and actualities. You speak in general terms but offer no specifics. You’re an idiot.

And yes, no question, I’ve gotten more riders on track than Herrins social media could ever dream of

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    5axis likes this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is an interesting concept and I agree that through statistical analysis, there is a positive correlation between clicks, views, etc to sales of advertised product. However, that is an oversimplification of the impact that anyone on social media statistically would have on people gridding up for racing, or even spectating, because that is not what is being sold on Josh Herrin's or any other racer's social media. What Josh is selling is Josh, and I am sure his social media has increased his value. He is not selling racing, so any conclusions based on his views is statistically unproven and therefore, null data.
    Statistical analysis means you need to actually look at the data and apply accepted and proven rules of interpretation to it. The facts sometimes end up being counter-intuitive to the original hypothesis. One also needs to understand that there is a difference between correlation and causation. It is science.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, you are a bad ass. I think I only managed to talk 2 or 3 into trying it.

G 97 and FastByKids like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It's been since 2009 that Ty raced a mini, so I can't remember how difficult he was? I did run his club secondarily and SCMini as our primary club back then. They did do the 6 and 24 hour mini endurance races which were cool. I never ran one, but my son did and enjoyed it.

I now actually own a mini for me to get out there with someday. So I will have to figure out where a KX65 can run and have some other racers running the same size bike?

What size mini do you run?

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Herrin is not selling racing, or is he? You gain fans, where do the fans go to see said racer do his thing?

6. Wheel Bearing

So you have no way of proving Herrin's direct influence on the sport, yet boldy claim you've gotten more riders on track than he has.

Whole lot of bravado to assume your own bullshit as fact without being privy to the whole situation, but I'd expect nothing less.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

He is not selling racing, it is not his to sell. I still contend that the only thing he can sell is himself and whatever products get placed in his social media. Fans may be going to or watching racing he is in, but again, it is correlation versus causation. Perhaps people should stop trying to use statistics to generate data if they don't know how to do it. There is no valid data to show that Herrin is getting any racers on any grids. He may or may not be getting more people to attend or watch racing and some of them may or may not turn out to try racing. Only a good statistical data base would be able to be used on which a competent statistician could do a proper analysis to determine the correlations and possible causes. Those are facts and anything else is opinion based on ???? certainly not based on data.

G 97 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Stan's demeanor is often misunderstood, very quiet and subdued.....kinda the exact opposite most of today's generation of "green" riders are expecting. It seems to me they want more of the other dealers you mentioned earlier :crackup: ....all the flash and none of the knowledge.:beer:

He did recently make a FB page for Cyco Cycles, and lists his # and address there, offering services. He told me he is looking to be alittle more active in the industry again, but nothing heavy.....he had a few bikes sitting in the shop. I think he likes being able to pick and choose.
    That dude has been the same "standup, no BS" guy since I met him over 20some yrs ago......I enjoy his company.:rock:

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The discussion of which is better or more "productive" to racing, the digital motorcycle racing world or the real motorcycle racing world is very interesting.

Carry on gents

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me pick me pick me!

To the basement to anxiously await the next thrilling social media post from their hero, what’s-his-name!

Source: my 10yr old daughter’s YooToob fascination

G 97 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

When we went through California these were the Orgs (2018-2021).

WAR, which was more of a winter SuperMoto series
    UMRA, our main org
    M1GP, Young Lee
    NorCal Moto, Ed Enriquez is a phenomenal person and great supporter even though he knew my disdain for Oh-vale:D

The east coast crew get upset when I say this but California racing is just at another level. We had no choice but to get tougher and take a few bruises. Our introduction to Cali was a WAR race. Hayden looked at all the social media of the fast kids and studied whom she needed to beat. We raced to the rule book which the class was 125cc and bellow. We show up and all the Cali kids are on 88cc CRF's and we show up with 125cc SSR's. The fastest kid in Cali at the time was differently more skilled but Hayden had the motor. We breeze through Q in P1. During the race Hayden gets taken out and hits the ground so hard that the pegs crack the engine case. Next thing I know another father is yelling at the kids parents for rough racing (Apparently his kid got roughed up in another race) and some words are being exchanged. All I'm thinking, this is not the introduction that I wanted. Hayden held quite the grudge going forward and she never really gelled with that group of kids until Jesse came along. Girls will be girls I guess.

From a financial point of view I totally agree. My issue is I have a high maintenance daughter that has raced bar to bar and beaten many of the kids she follows in NATC / Junior Cup. I know a few will roll their eyes but I have not even begun to touch her potential. What she did at the GNF on a bike she hadn't rode on tires she never uses was absolutely phenomenal. She basically had ONE day of racing on a bike with a ill fuel pump on DOT's before the GNF. When we decided not to do the NATC her motivation for racing is starting to diminish. Her reasons are selfish in my opinion but she is highly competitive soul and still a child. She wants nothing to do with mini or club racing. Sigh

I'm also a bit selfish because I fear she is just going to hang up her leathers. :(

DmanSlam and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. FastByKids

Man, I don't know what your problem is.

Simply put I have no idea how to show you numbers. MA continues to grow and flourish despite ZERO network TV coverage. If you think Social Media had NOTHING to do with it and the personalities that drive it then nothing more I can say to you.

Same as for the uptick in kids participation. It's driven by personalities whom use their social media to drive the sport.

Is it possible the sport has passed you by? You keep saying I'm ignorant but this might be a reflection on yourself.

evakat likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: Nice deflection. Again you’re the one making statements without having any data or direct examples to back them up. We arnt discussing social media in general and you didn’t specify social media in general. You specifically mentioned Herrins social media as being a driver towards increasing MA exposure and an increase in participation. The BBS is social media and I would bet that the Wera bbs social media presence has a greater impact and a farther reach towards increasing racing participation. Yes, you are ignorant, keep deflecting.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, you have no way of proving Herrins direct influence on bringing in new racers and fans into the stands. No one is talking about his general social media influence. You keep using statics of follows and clicks and watching as actual data that he is increasing racers and race fans directly towards MA. Again, you are the one making the statement but are unable to provide any support.
    I have gotten more riders to the track both for track days and for racing, this is a fact.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, thanks. I worked hard at it for multiple years. More than quadrupled the membership level in two years plus started having consecutive sold out event year over year at multiple midwestern tracks. Thanks again.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. FastByKids

Holy $hit Ballz, you might be more hard headed than myself. BBS might be influential for the 40yo+ crowd but it's basically dead to the up and coming youth. You know, the future of the sport in 10-20 years...

So you are a influencer on Midwest track days? You got any pull with N2? Think you could help us out July 9/10th at Pitt? Most likely will be a $1500 dollar weekend amongst two kids. Every time they show up with a new org most of the first day is a absolutely boring for them as they get treated as new street riders. Any help his appreciated, even some coaching at minimal...

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

And where do the majority of these youth obtain their support and funding from?
    From whom do this kids receive direction from?
    Who purchases MA Live+?
    Who pays for tickets to go to the races?
    If you honestly believe that the BBS doesn’t have a greater impact towards these, you really are in denial.

No influencer, No pull.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  18. Wheel Bearing

It is only a fact in your fantasy world.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh the irony.

Using your logic, based on social media presence, the Kardashians are directly responsible for the overwhelming majority of MA motorcycle racing fans and their overall event attendance. Because lots of clicks. :crackup:

20. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I've never raced mini's:( Got a sweet little CR-150R for Adams and Apex though, and that 'little' thing is a ripper! I'm pretty sure Young (M1GP) is pretty strict on using only 50's. I've never raced with him, but have met him a few times at local tracks, bought a bike from him, so my perception of him isn't from the business side. He did do a demo at Chuckwalla (Femwalla). It's a riot to watch a line of fresh girls get their knee down for the first time... on a mini:beer: