1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York mayor bulldozes hundreds of illegal dirt bikes and ATVs

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Jun 23, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Jed likes this.
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Why not sell them?

SuddenBraking, MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Come visit Phil’s place and we can discuss

britx303, dtalbott, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that would require "common sense" & the ability to understand the value of a dollar. Every single one of my riding friends agreed.

MELK-MAN, britx303, dtalbott and 2 others like this.
  5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That’s something politicians don’t seem to have.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My guess is they tried contacting the owners? My new place we moved the business to was broken into in October. Security cameras have plenty of video, but they had masks on and no one has been caught. I’m an IDIOT because the alarm system service hadn’t been started yet. IT IS NOW.

Anyway they got 3 dirt bikes and a scooter, plus welders, generators, tools, computers etc. I gave them vins for 3 of them and couldn’t find one on the CRF150R.

3 weeks ago the Police called me having found the 98 KX250. I go to look at it at the tow yard. Painted all over in flat black. The right side clutch cover was removed, kick start mechanism gone and who knows what else? Was going to cost me $550 to get it out of impound and pay the storage. I don’t need another project, and between that cost and the fix up costs it is probably more than it is worth so I told them to keep it.

There are probably lots of similar stories in that pile of shit.

None of the bikes were covered by insurance since they have vins and aren’t for my business.

I’m just happy that never happened when I had all of Tyler’s race bikes.

StaccatoFan, 5axis, dtalbott and 3 others like this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Says many are stolen.
    Probably have VIN's & Engine ID's removed .

dtalbott and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. TurboBlew

A buddy, with a pretty large towing company in NJ, has hundreds of confiscated bikes & atvs in his yard. He isnt really interested in doing title work or filing leins to obtain ownership. He was willing to fill up connex boxes, full of them, for a flat fee though.
    Im just not ambulatory enough to go visit & cherry pick the good stuff.

dtalbott and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Why'd you have to go and shit all over the hater narrative?

dtalbott likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Illegal because they were stolen? Insurance companies taking it on the chin.

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Saw the video. There are obviously a lot of streetbikes in that pile. "Let's add a bunch of other bikes to make it look more impressive, because we don't have enough dirtbikes and atvs."

I don't think riding a bunch of dirtbikes and atvs around illegally is a good thing, but this is just grandstanding bullshit.

12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Should have let the public come pick parts for free instead

MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Should have saved the bikes and ran over the thieves that stole them instead.

Rugbydad, Spooner, Rebel635 and 17 others like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm sure that'll do wonders to stop all the crime on the subway and shootings in the streets.

15. TurboBlew

signal for the "f" word...

FUN

16. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Just a bit conflicted on this.

NYC is all about "TOLERANCE". A DA won't prosecute over blatant theft in a big box store but a whoolie is hyper criminal? Give me a freaking break...

Use to live in Long Island in the 2000's and the underground scenes was quite a eye opener. From a 10,000 foot view it is very easy to make judgments that they are thugs, gang bangers, etc.

The scene brought together different diversities and backgrounds. All co-existing without drama amongst them (At least back then).

The amount of skill to include throttle control and balance these guys /gals displayed was impressive. I wonder if they were redirected to a more proper venue, how many could of been legitimate racers.

Thieves suck and I can't deny there were many "HOT" bikes amongst them. However I do remember a few that would get impounded because of speeding, no license, no insurance, etc. The fees to get them back out would add up and many people would just walk away from them.

SGVRider and Steeltoe like this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

What a waste. No city I know of could do without the extra income selling these bikes would bring.

SGVRider likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This is just braindead bullshit. You go New York...you trend setters.

britx303 and BigBird like this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a legitimate business opportunity, kinda like government liquidators.

"I'm in waste disposal. Need a bike...or parts?" :D

20. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

They started the event with a checkered flag. o_O

BigBird likes this.