1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not convinced the lack of last lap battles and passes etc is solely the result of ride height devices. I’m not sure anyone can logically come to this conclusion of cause and effect - Its not this simple or basic to simply chalk it all up to ride height being electronically controlled on the fly. There are a multitude of factors that have all contributed to the most recent “boring” races. It appears most have a concern with the aerodynamic winglets as being the greater cause.

Patterson is Euro journo hack trash. :D

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Latest gossip about Rins taking the LCR ride from A. Marquez is intersting... Aren't they training partners and buddies? That's going to make for some sharp elbows on the dirt track!

-T

3. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

LOL, I don't think so. I am pretty sure Rins and A. Marquez don't get along currently and haven't since Moto3 days

BigBird likes this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If Alex M goes to Gresini and Alex R to LCR, Alex R will be laughing all the way!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don’t know, unless the honder gets “more user friendly” and the overlords at HRC start listening to their riders, a gresini Ducati might be a better option.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: I know it’s Honda but clearly they have some major issues that need to be resolved. At least Gresini would listen to a riders input and work with them vs. Honda seemingly being so rigid and single minded.

BigBird likes this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That was a typo. Alex M, as in Marquez, the guy presumably riding a Ducati, would be laughing. Can’t believe anyone is thrilled about the Honda at the moment.

Along those lines, is the situation at Honda and Yamaha where only person can ride the bike, an indication of riding skills or perhaps mindset? The biggest variable is the rider. Are most riders dead set on their technique and position and not making adjustments to make the most of the bike they have on a given day?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

9. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Is it safe to say that Honda going after both Mir and Rins is to plug them in to the Big Red Machine a la the Matrix and suck their brains dry of info of possibly one of the most recent rider friendly and competitive bikes on the grid?

[​IMG]

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

More commentator speculation that its Martin to the Factory over the Beast

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think Marquez Dos would actually flourish on the Ducati. The kid is really good, the Honda is just a turd. More than that, being on a separate marque away from his brother will let him develop more as his own person. I think he would win races.

12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I like the kid, his attitude, and his work ethic.

After Quartararo and A. Espargaro, he's right in the mix for riders I pull for.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I think he’s right up there with many other riders who have come and gone with just a podium or two. He’s good but not consistent front runner great. Maybe the 5th or 6th best Spaniard on the grid.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I have to ask myself how much of his results is due to riding a bike that that the only person to get consistent results is one of the greatest riders EVER?

I think he would have great results on a Ducati.

mdub048 and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If the move happens, Zarco better hurry up and win a race this year if he wants to win his first before Alex Marquez. First time it rains, all bets are off. That's all I'm gonna say. :)

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Perhaps we’ll get to find out next year. I’d rather see an up and comer get that seat like Canet or Roberts.

And @HPPT isn't this Gresini we’re talking about? I thought they mentioned Bastianini going to Pramac if Martin goes to the factory.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, Gresini.

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Alex Marquez to gresini.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would love to see one of our Americans get that seat, but if I’m gresini I would totally give it to Marquez over them.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

marquez most likely brought some big dollars with him.

Boman Forklift likes this.