1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nice. :beer:
    Thats a great watch. Its amazing how much cheaper they are compared to the Rolex.

Marketing. More than just pretty people talking in circles.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was just before omega pushed hard in China and prices and demand went insane.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I swung for the fence with the FP Journe that I put on my list, but the Chronometre Bleu is probably more realistic. I bet I eventually have an FP of some sort.

4. ton

ton Arf!

Chronometre Bleu is my Grail. Second is something in the Lange 1815 range.

Jedb likes this.
  5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Broke out my smartwatch today. For the maybe once a year I throw this thing on it can not be beat. Makes me smile every time.

smartwatch.jpg

PATBAROK, cletus, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  6. SteveThompson

I have an 1815 annual calendar that I still can't believe I get to own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ton

ton Arf!

extraordinary. thanks for sharing.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

New watch inbound.....after selling my Hamilton chrono I have zero hammys. That is an unacceptable number. This was on sale thru the AAFES Exchange...free shipping and no sales tax. $472.50 delivered. I couldnt say no.

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift, cletus, Jedb and 3 others like this.
  9. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Was in the UK last week and came across this clock in Castle Combe's church. Was lucky enough to capture the mechanism in action. Neat to watch it run. Hoping this doesn't get me banned.

Mechanism Chiming: https://youtube.com/shorts/0-hWOBup3Xo?feature=share
    Mechanism & Weights: https://youtube.com/shorts/qaK47Hpy7Gc?feature=share
    Top of Mechanism: https://youtube.com/shorts/Oa8bcv-JaJA?feature=share

Castle Combe Clock - Wikipedia

Turns out, there's a racetrack nearby, too. Castle Combe Race Circuit (castlecombecircuit.co.uk)

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thats pretty sweet. I have no idea yet on what that is worth, but I like the looks of it a lot.

11. SteveThompson

Crazy thing is, that's not even its good side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was shamefully expensive, but I have it insured so I can enjoy wearing it.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

For some reason that image doesn’t come up on my phone. Will have to look when I get back to the office on a PC.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

GF was in Germany and Switzerland a couple of weeks ago. She managed to snag 4 of the Swatch / Omega planet watches. 1 in Munich -- the last in the store. 3 in Lausanne. They walked into the store an hour before closing and the worker said they were out but expecting a truck that day. She killed 30 minutes, went back and they had received one full set. She was there with her daughter and a friend so managed to get 3. When she left there were people in line to try to get the rest.

I kept the Moon, she kept Earth and sold Saturn and Jupiter to a pentagon guy who had walked into the Munich store just after her and given her his info.

Boman Forklift and SteveThompson like this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The funny part about this foto is the MontBlanc pen in the backgroud..

15. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Anyone interested in a 2016 with box & papers EXP2, ref# 216570 and recently serviced by RSC?! This was my daily, so usual wear & desk diving marks, I don’t polish any of my watches-I like the worn look..$9,800 shipped in CON US

PM me for more pics & info..
    AD4BD0AA-04B3-4041-965A-FB1574BB3DB6.jpeg

16. SteveThompson

Want to trade for a really cool KTM 500excf? :)

PATBAROK likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

White face and I’d be offering up a trade for my “never going to sell it” sub. Just bored with my sub this week and enjoying my 007 more than I should.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You realize they came out with a SKX007 GMT, right?
    Under $500 USD.

[​IMG]

cha0s#242, ChemGuy and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not that I’m seriously thinking about giving up my white face Exp 2, but which sub do you have?

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Seiko's are so underrated. Not the ones from department stores, but the real ones, especially Grand Seiko. I have these two.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

cha0s#242 and Jedb like this.