1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In ground Pool help

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jun 13, 2022.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Sorry about your loss.

tjnyzf and BigBird like this.
  2. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I experienced similar issues with an old vinyl liner. Landlords had a new liner installed about a year ago. Installer highly recommended PoolRx (Magic!) and Sodium Dichlor chlorine powder (liquid chlorine is hard on vinyl). Had to "condition" the water for a few days to get the pH and alkalinity right before adding chlorine, then just keep an eye on the free chlorine level and pH. I add Chlor Brite once every week or two, and replace the PoolRx every 6 month. I've only had a dusting of algae once in over a year. In that time I've only had to Dry Acid to adjust the pH once. Thanks you PoolRx! https://poolrx.com/blue-unit/

BigBird likes this.
  3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Salt water conversion is the only way to go. I used to have a salt water pool and my neighbors had a chlorine pool. He was always battling something. I literally spent less time on my pool than I did mowing my lawn. It’s nearly maintenance free.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There's a reason the oceans are salty...hint...hint....

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

My understanding is that a salt water pool needs an ionizer that produces chlorine from the available salt. The salt itself doesn’t prevent algae growth as there is algae in the ocean. The salt is converted to chlorine.

6. Venom51

It's a much lower level of chlorine.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Lower and a more consistent level.

8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I was always happy with my saltwater pool.

If you sit down and do math, you can recover your investment usually by year 3, all in....especially if you factor in your own time.

casjoker likes this.
  9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yikes so much wrong/half true info here but whatever. Feel free to hit me up, my work cell is 864-561-1325, been in the pool business for almost 15 years now.

sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  10. Venom51

Well the only correct advice is to rent a bobcat, buy some dirt and fill the hole back in but he already said that was out. :D

BigBird likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Sorry you are about 15 years short of the 30 needed to be believable. :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Salt water has been around for millions of years.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah? And how many people have been eated by freakin’ sharks in that salt water?

You fuckers won’t get me that easy!

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yeah I actually tell people that all the time, oddly enough they don’t take me up on the offer. ‍♂️

15. Venom51

But you've only been doing it 15 years....we can't take you seriously.

R Acree likes this.
  16. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I changed the sand in the filter. Lots of bug parts mixed into the old sand, the switch thing on top had all kinds of slim on it, and the sand seemed a lot less course than the new stuff. The color was the same as the new stuff. Ran my robot twice today for about 4-5 hours and put 5 pounds of shock in it with two pounds of baking soda. We will see how it looks in the morning. PH and alkalinity were good, and free chlorine was a little high.

On a Caddy Shack funny, not so funny note, one of my friends said a person shit in their community pool and didn't tell anyone. She said it was definitely not a candy bar. Also, one of my employees posted on Facebook on a public forum that she was getting a boob job Tuesday. What the hell is wrong with people.

BigBird and G 97 like this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Damn dude, sorry for your loss and RIP.

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bumping this because it’s the right answer. Life is simple at TFP.

FastByKids likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Before and after pics are needed to judge the size...of the error.

BigBird likes this.
  20. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

The majority of the phosphate that I found in pools, come from human urine . When I was a pool contractor in central Florida. I had to treat my commercial pools and heavily used pools once a month for phosphate. Also , the tap water in my area is loaded with phosphate. I’d have problems with phosphate if my customers were filling their pool during the dry season or topping off a pool because it had a leak . I used this stuff a few times in the past . Expensive, but it did the job . It removes phosphate and also have a flocculant agent . The last time I used this product was two or three years ago( I’m no longer in the Biz) , I have no idea if the product is still as good as I say it is . I had issues for over 20 years with chemical manufacturers who kept changing the formula . Mostly because of the high demand of rare earth minerals that is used in phosphate removal products . https://www.amazon.com/REVIVE-Swimm...0&psc=1#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
    As far as a phosphate maintenance product I used , this was my go to . https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Chem...ocphy=9008842&hvtargid=pla-567193534734&psc=1