1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I can't remember when I've watched anyone be more miserable participating in a sport we love. I have made a mental note to look for even one smile from him on camera,and it's just not in his heart.
    He's genuinely disgusted being here and I personally will be glad when his snotty ass is back across the pond. Fuck him!

Snake Charmer, 418 and Dragginass like this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I will add Mat and P9 were riding their asses off, it was entertaining and would be awesome if there were 3 more guys right up there in the fight..Barbera was clearly excited and gave a great interview reflecting that..180 from P9.

sanee and Monsterdood like this.
  3. PHILJ

PHILJ Active Member

Spent the day At RA rode up great weather,great food,great racing.
    The place was packed,just like the old days.Walked the paddock got to talk with most of the heavys including Petrucci.
    He was happy to autograph my helmet and pose for pictures.The whole time only a smile.Looked to me like a man having fun.
    Snotty ass??????

Arioch, rafa, long path/road and 2 others like this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Hope he can enjoy the remainder of the season.

5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I was standing about 10' from him at lunchtime and in the time they waited for his girlfriend's food, he shook hands with several people and talked/joked with a few racers. Not sure why his interviews are coming off the way they are but he seems to be fitting in well with his surroundings.

And yeah, yesterday was probably the biggest crowd I've seen in a bunch of years. When we (finally) got to the track, traffic was backed up over 1/4 mile in both directions with people trying to get in the main gate and that gate is at least 6 lanes wide.

sheepofblue, MyWayGuy and hotnail like this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Is this Petrucci?? You sly dog! Slipping in here creating an account! :crackup::Poke:

Sudowoodo likes this.
  7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

He just needs italian to English translation help when TV crew shows up.

Danilo...read from the prompter.

"Bike very good. I try to win. Ehhh I try harder next race":D

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not real sure how that will "help" that sour·puss look on his face...

ToofPic and Used2befast like this.
  9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

You're bashing a guy for being miserable in a sport WE love? How dare he be miserable for showing up to work in more pain than WE can imagine, putting his body through hell to get the job done, then having to conduct an interview in a language that he's not proficient in? I'd like to see you try that with a smile and enthusiasm sir.

I agree he was in the wrong by embellishing the events from VIR. That certainly didn't help the situation. It also doesn't change the fact that dude got pretty fucked up in the crash, and he was already injured before arriving here. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't show up here expecting to kick everyone's asses. He knew damn well how buttoned up our teams/riders are and expected to be challenged.

While I wish he could put on a fake happy face in the interview to try and win over our fan's hearts, it is what it is. I also didn't think Matty's pass on him at the end of race 1 was dirty, it was just hard and proper.

Hats off to the Westby team for a great run so far this year. And hats off to Cam for a stellar run in race 2. His last lap was bad ass. Hopefully they keep it up and we continue to have multiple winners throughout the year.

I'm sure YOU will be happy when P9 is back across the pond so he won't be leading our championship racing at tracks he's never seen before...lol.

ducnut, R1Racer99 and yokohama1 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm cracking up at people spreading that tale that as if they had heard him say that, or even heard it from someone he would have allegedly said that too. But that makes it easier to hate him for not being in love with MotoAmerica. :D

11. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

And here I was impressed with how many people on here apparently have the ability to read the mind of a complete stranger.

Once a Wanker.. and HPPT like this.
  12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Opinions are like noses...everybody got one and they all smell :D

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Or, you can actually listen to his own words and form a rather negative opinion.

418 and Dragginass like this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think it's because he's not a midget. Rossi always looked different doing the dangle too

15. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Not entirely on the character assassination band wagon. A few young rippers had their picture taken with him and everyone was smiling. He made their day and weekend much more enjoyable. At the end of the day he is winning. Still rooting for Jake to win.

[​IMG]

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah I was standing by his pit looking at his bike, he was standing outside taking pictures with some kids, at one point he walked inside (I was thinking he was going to hide from fans) but he came back out with a few knee pucks to hand out to the kids. He seemed nice enough.
    But yeah, he looked miserable during the interview from Race 1.

jd41 likes this.
  17. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

He was the original dangler. All others simply copied. I remember, what I believe was the first time he did it in a race and I thought he was on the verge of a crash. Anytime my feet come off the pegs it’s because something is going bad.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't care if he likes MA or not. Part of his job, if he wishes to work here, is PR. Sponsors don't want to be associated with a whiny bitch who throws his team, his bike, and the series under the bus. Everything about his ATTITUDE says " I don't want to be here, I'm too good for this". It doesn't matter if he ever utters those words or not. He's SHOWING us.

younglion and Monsterdood like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

For sure there have been different levels of it though and the height of the rider plays a part also was my point

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I still like him. Sounds like he's had a tough go at it the first bit of his trip to the states, but the fact that he's raced MotoGP, Dakar (big plus for me, and he did very well) and also comes over here to race tracks he is not familiar with, and doesn't speak the language fluently, and with a team that's had issues in the past, I am still glad he's here.

I enjoy the racing, and it's been good. Even the wife commented on the superbike races last night and the "hard racing" that was going on.

R1Racer99 likes this.