1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Superleggera Legal in F1???

Discussion in 'General' started by CarrMoto, May 31, 2022.

1. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Asking for a friend

KMC and jrockcolors like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does it have two wheels, one engine, and burn fuel with a visible flame? :D

418, Phl218, E Reed and 1 other person like this.
  3. CarrMoto

OK thanks, but no Carbon wheels in WERA, right?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at all, they're fine in the proper classes.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or is this a situation where you'd prefer I say it's all illegal? :D

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I know it is a tangent of the topic.
    But if you will race that bike, id suggest to get aluminum wheels.

Carbon wheels do not do well in racing. Most if not all the guys at MA racing bikes that came stock with Carbon wheels ditched them and went with the forged ones.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of the current rules but when we raced they were not legal. Tyler and Bryce were sponsored by Rotobox and we would run them in WERA events, but not AMA events.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not sure if MA allows them or not but with Aluminum being easier to check for issues along with multiple tire changes and such I'd run them too. Not worried about failures with proper usage or I'd outlaw them but not enough weight savings to justify it for a team doing superbike.

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It's legal. RUN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. CarrMoto

Well, we chose not to buy it. It was the one on ebay and I just wasn't comfortable with the whole story behind it but was comfortable with the seller. He just inherited the history when he bought it. Basically it got backed into at some point and had the engine replaced a some point. It was located in an awesome location in an old foundry in south milwaukee, really cool.

11. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

There's one for sale in Phoenix for $42,000 with a salvage title