1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

In the broken English translation I really didn't see what specifically he was calling out could not be changed. More info?

2. Critter

Critter Registered

So as the MotoGP silly season starts to ramp up. I think it is worth having the discussion about factory vs non factory teams. This year we have see the 2021 spec ducati run very well in the front in the hands of private teams. At times Taka has led sessions. Racing is closer than ever between factory and satellite teams. So with so many Ducati's on the grid this year doing well. Is it time that the Japanese manufacturers begin to change the way they go racing. It seems like Ducati is trying to get as many fast riders as possible on their bikes so if one rider is happier at a track then another Ducati still runs in the front. It seems like the Japanese have always put their eggs in one or two baskets (riders)...In many other forms of motorsports the factories like to have more of their brand on the track so they have more chances to WIN. The Japanese do not see it this way and have never offered parody from Factory team to satellite team.. Maybe after seeing Ducati's succes this year will the Japanese and KTM follow suit?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Japanese originated the feeder system, Ducati and the euros just stepped into shit, called it their own and everyone treats them as victors of the game.
    Nope, even aprilia did it for years from the feeder series into 125s into 259s into . . . Rossi came through the aprilia program. Biaggi, capirossi, reggiani. . .

4. Critter

Critter Registered

The feeder system you are talking about is great for the lower classes Moto 2 Moto 3 etc. I am talking about running in the front of MotoGP completely different. I am wondering if the Japanese don't look across the paddock and wonder what would happen if they had more riders on their kits...It will be interesting of Suzuki stays in and sells their equipment to a team and just add technical support for a price...It might not be a bad idea.. IE a very high end lease program

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Just my gut feeling, but I believe both in MotoGP and F1 Eyetalians get a free edge over the competition.

OTOH, I think Japanese manufacturers are in MotoGP solely to sell bikes. Ducati is in it to win manufacturer and rider championships.

Also Ducati:

upload_2022-5-31_22-49-45.jpeg

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

To clarify, I interpreted your words to mean he doesn't ride hard enough. You seem to have confirmed that.
    I question that, but you have the inside dope. I am sure it's unimpeachable.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't specified.

8. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

It was a very short season due to covid.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

14 races is plenty

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Then a whole lot of 500 GP champions also have asterisks.

The Great One, stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Suck on that Jarvis haters.....

13. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

they had no choice but to give him what he wanted

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

also Quattro had less seats to choose from...so it was kind of a 2-way street there. Was he going to Honda, probably not. Ducati has a fleet of riders to choose from. KTM seems to be all over the place. And well No-zuki.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I think the “weakness” of the Yamaha is slightly overblown. They are a little top-end away from an all-around world beater when ridden by FQ20. Why nobody else can ride I have no idea.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Yamaha hired a few Suzuki engineers to fix their bike for next year and made some promises to Fabio but also, not many other options right now anyways

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I agree. He really didn't have many better options. And PRM is right too, the Yamaha isn't a total piece of trash.

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That would be the smart play. If Yamaha could get some of the speed that Suzuki has built up the last couple of years (especially this year), Quartararo might slaughter the field.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where else was he going to go and not take a high pay cut?

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Their bike has been this way since I can remember. It's pretty much why they were also successful for so many years until MM93 showed up