1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

yeah, that is one of the things that is interesting to me - it may not be apples to apples but these very same "unsafe" and "unprofessional" circuits but his standards are not really such by FIA standards

I imagine quite a few could actually get FIM 2/B certified with small changes if they wanted to outlay the cash to do so. I haven't read the FIA and FIM specs back to back so its a guess/hunch and I could be way wrong; my point being the tracks may not be the issue but rather the ROI on the sanctioning and inspection fees

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

but that is exactly what Petrux is doing - hence my "uneducated" qualifier with his point

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Italy is 116K miles square and the USA is 3.8 million miles square. Why would anybody even think to compare a national 6 race series in a relatively small country to a national 10 race series in a huge country? I would think that Petrucci is smart enough to know this.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Apparently not.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure why it's germane to this. Of all the metrics to compare two countries race track safety standards, their respective areas would probably be the last one...

GDP?
    Culture?
    Population density, ...maybe?

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Interest, and $.

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it.

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I was going to say “he’s a motorcycle racer so he doesn’t think all that much” but then I realized YOU’RE a motorcycle racer so I can see why you thought he would think. I’m ALSO a motorcycle racer so it makes sense that I almost thought that YOU thought that HE thought.

lopitt85 likes this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

They are all a bunch of nutballs too

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Until you actually live here, you don't really understand how big the US is.

ducnut likes this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Petrucci/Pearl harbour, both start with the letter P and have 3 syllables, coincidence????....

OldSchlPunk and Sudowoodo like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, you’re saying the gooberment and media lied to us? The Germans didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor? That is was actually the Italians? <boom!> mind blown!!!!

13. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

The Italians were supposed to be the ones, they couldn’t get their aircraft carrier to start. To add insult to injury, the entire parts warehouse was closed for vacation.

TurboBlew and Dragginass like this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

As an idiot that raced an MV Augusta that shit is too real.

Trainwreck and MGM like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And heck, Spaghetti isn't even Italian... Marco Polo stole it from them peaceful Japanese!

ToofPic likes this.
  16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

As the child of people who had Ducati AND MotoGuzzi dealership in the last 70's. I heard many a story about how you had to be stocked up on what parts you though you were going to need before August. because Italy would go on siesta, and you'd be out of luck for resupply until mid September.

ducnut, StanTheMan and jd41 like this.
  17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Is he even making any money?? The series is shit, has been shit. Vir is a go kart track. There is almost zero intrest in the series. Crowds are not even crowds. No major sponsors, no major tv support , no major Factory involvement. Why risk himself?

GNC likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its how the US got stuck with sbarro

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Your positive attitude is inspiring.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see what the crowd and grid sizes are vs when it was pretty much dead pre-MotoAmerica as a year by year.

Of course during that time we had the country shut down and now have economic issues. Overall it seems to me they are on a pretty good track. Shoot while the bagger thing is not my choice it brings fans and sponsors in.

Or you could say everything sucks like he did (always easier to criticize than do.....except when it comes to whining)

MyWayGuy likes this.