1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Clearly his mind was made up before starting the thread, but my vote is Cayman. If shopping new, the Nissan Z is pretty enticing but I need to see the rear end in person before fully endorsing.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

[​IMG]

That's a damn good looking car and if you can't see it then I apologize for your lack of taste.

3. Tristan

In that color, from that angle I agree. Otherwise, I just think Ace and Gary when I see one. And ignoring the looks- it's a 20+ year old Chrysler product...enough said.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Looks like the Vette would be my only option, should the desire ever arise.

trussdude likes this.
  5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Check out the license plate!!

Driving Moms corvette home back to the Jersey shore after spending the winter in Sedona.

Fyi, she's planning on selling it. Only has 12k miles. Did I mention 7spd manual trans. Mom's got too many rides

Attached Files:

CBRRRRR999 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

original ones with lots of miles are going for what they were new, 15 years later. The newer decent ones are in the $80k+ range usually

7. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  8. Tristan

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

please stop posting BaT links

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

That's because dudes that want a REAL sports car and choose Corvette track them...C7s not SO much yet because they're still quite new and probably don't represent a very big leap forward in lap times compared to a c6.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Wingnut likes this.
  11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Camaro SS with the 1Le package is surprisingly capable. It’s no Porsche but moves it’s weight well enough and can be dumb fun.

jksoft likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fun and affordable I got my 2014 for 18k with 15k miles on it. The newer ones are more expensive but even better handling
    [​IMG]

bleacht likes this.
  13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Couple years ago I started looking in to getting 18/19 ZL1 1LE or GT350R. They were in mid 40's-50k. By the time I was ready to buy price jumped to over 70K for nice one. Fuck that, bought boss 302 for half of that price. Not us powerful but can lap around track at good pace.

14. khill

khill Well-Known Member

The absolute best bang for the lap time buck is the Camaro SS 1LE.....you can find near new ones for 40-45k and they are amazing on track, easy to drive quickly and semi inexpensive to modify. How do I know? I own a 2021....

I get to to drive a lot of nice cars on track, GT350, M2, M3, Vette, Cayman, etc. and those cars seem to require a lot more work to lap time near mine.

For pure fun, my next car that is in my "budget" will be a GR86....

Ken

IMG_9855 copy 2.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    418, Phl218, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

just to throw something odd out there..

E63s Mercedes Wagon. Plenty of room, good handling, looks great, and no one notices you till you stand on it and they wonder WTF that was that just blew their doors off.

I bought a GL63 a bit ago, the motors in these things are great. I wanted the wagon but found a good deal on the GL and the extra room is appreciated. The 550hp makes it fun to drive and for such a large vehicle it handles better than it should.

Phl218, Wingnut and YamahaRick like this.
  16. TWF2

As long you don't take it to the track :)

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Why not?

18. TWF2

To heavy, to much body roll, to expensive brakes to replace after one day...:)

Attached Files:

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

if you guys ever want to see kick ass car inventory look up Exotic Motorsports in Oklahoma. Sold them my RS3 when I picked up my 911 and I have no idea where they get all the cool shit.

20. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I think too many people are worried about stereotypes and what other people think. I bought a 2018 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe with automatic and it has the LT1 interior. It is a Chevrolet Certified used car. I have had orthoscopic surgery on my left knee and my left hip replaced. At this time I do not plan to track the car. I can drive a manual with no problem but here in Wake County North Carolina there is just too much traffic and my left leg would get very painful after a lot of driving. It is an amazing car on a twisty road and fortunately it doses not have any squeaks or rattles. You can either cruise or you can haul ass. The choice is the drivers.