1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio Practice(s)

Discussion in 'General' started by STT-Rider, Jun 30, 2004.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

There are two Practices at Mid-Ohio. Here are the options

Option #1

Monday July 19th there is a AMA Sponsored Practice Being Hosted. Cost is $195 for the day and you must be an AMA member to participate - Call the AMA directly and ask for Stephanie to register. STT is assisting teh AMA and this should be a great day with you getting in a lot of seat time directly before your race(s)

Option #2

Monday & Tuesday July 12th & 13th. Sportbike Track Time is setting aside 10 Spots on Monday and 20 spots on Tues in our our Advanced group for WERA racers only. Price is only $145. (a $50 discount of of our regular price)

Call 888.390.4020 ext 901 to register. Have your WERA License Number and your credit card handy. If we do not answer leave your Name, The Day you want to ride and when we can call you back (day and eve numbers please)

This is strictly first come, first served.

Option # 3

Do one of each! You need the practice!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Should I bring a keg to this one too?:D

3. STT-Rider

Uhhhhhhh, NO!!!

You goof! See ya Saturday.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Have there been bikes on the track before today,since the grinding of the surface?

5. STT-Rider

STT has held three events there in 2004. We were the first people to go there on April 24th.

If you are on a liter bike and spin the rear alot coming off teh concrete and it hooks up wrong..... it's dicy. Comming on to teh start/finish straight is particularly challanging.

It's the same track for everyone.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah,as I said in the other post, I watched the cars, and they were talking about how abrasive it was.

7. red baron

red baron Well-Known Member

Pavement Sucks!

Sure, read Superbikeplanet.com today with their headline "Crash-O-Rama At Mid-Ohio Test
    about everyone that crashed. I think they said 5 or 6 of the top riders went down with Hacking breaking his collarbone. Yep, they love that new pavement.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  8. STT-Rider

Re: Pavement Sucks!

I didn't have to read about it, I rode it before they did. Three times in fact.

t's not good or bad, it's different.

Gone are the large transitions (ledges / gaps) from asphalt to concrete. Now we have concrete with grinding markes and a gentle weaving pattern. This will eventually fill in with rubber and "come in" like the old concrete did.

I'm thinking the average WERA guy and gal is just a tad slower than Hacking and the boys who were there today and might be on machines with just a tiny bit less power and that might make a difference.

What did you think after you rode on it?

9. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

I thought it was alright. It dosen't give a good feeling, bike feels a little unstable on the concrete. Not to the point that it scares you, just enough to keep you unsettled. The only spot that really feels bad is in the keyhole turn. The rest of it wasn't that bad.

I do look for laptimes to be a little bit slower this year, in general. I guess we'll see. But I would suggest if you want to do well there, that you ride there before the races.

10. STT-Rider

BTW- Bill, did you get them Stones you were looking for?

11. STT-Rider

We're down to 15 spots on Tuesday and 7 on monday

12. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I signed up for the monday trackday when i registered, so hopefully I got one of them slots!

Not to hijack this thread, but someone mentioned stones... Is there gonna be a Bridgestone truck there? I got a bunch of Bridgestone certificates to cash in =)

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'll be there both days riding my FZ1...SV guys- I'll try and stay the hell out of your way in the corners if you stay the hell outta my way on the straights :D

14. STT-Rider

No,not at the STT event. We're MICHELIN all teh way. BTW, the 1800/1200 slicks are finally in. $295 a set and they rock.

15. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

No stones yet, I got sidetracked that day. I am going to research it more tommorrow, and see what I can find. Did you get my fax today? That's all I have at the shop, but more signed up online.

Which Slicks are better?, I need a set for the Ducati I'm racing at the vintage weekend. Haven't ridden on a slick before so I want to get a set to get used to.:clap:

16. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

MidO surface

I didn't think it was that bad either. I had heard a lot of people complaining about the grooves unsettling the bike but I didn't really notice it. If I really paid attention to just that then I could feel the bike moving around a small amount, but that was about it. It does chew up tires though. I had huge chunks of rubber all gummed up on the tires.

17. calvin669

calvin669 Well-Known Member

Monte, what's up with the new slicks??
    Difference between the old?

18. STT-Rider

Monday is sold-out.

Tueday has a couple of spots left.