1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise requirements (Princess Cruise lines)

Discussion in 'General' started by Lanceabillion, May 24, 2022.

1. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

I have a question for those that have done a cruise this year, primarily Princess cruises,but I guess any cruise will do, or overseas travel. My question would spiral into Dungeon territory, so message me for an offline conversation on some "topical" requirements that Princess has in place to do excursions.

Thanks,

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can't pay me enough to trap myself on a boat with several thousand people I don't know.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like em, it's no more crowded than the track with access to more food and drink. Hotel room is a bit small but the balcony view is nice and they'll bring me food there while I read too.

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hell, I wouldn't want to be trapped on a boat with thousands of people I DO know.

brex, noles19, Sabre699 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lanceabillion

Its an Alaskan cruise, so that ratchets it down a few notches.

sharkattack likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My brother did an Alaskan cruise then rented an RV and did the Kenai Penisula. They loved it. For me no thanks unless the person wanting it was someone that would stick around and tolerate me and Spitfire (anyone that cannot love Angus needs to leave).

My brother and his three tape worms did rave about the food though.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My boss likes cruises so if you can elaborate on concerns I might be able to ask him (not sure what he has done recent but he has done a bunch)

9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We just got back from an NCL cruise; loved it! Had a great time. A cruise is what you make it; relaxing, shows, great food, activities, etc. Do everything, do nothing, or something in between. There’s something for everyone.

10. sharkattack

We’re doing an NCL Alaskan cruise next year. Just booked it Sunday night. The prices are great right now.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:stupid:

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

did a cruise a few months ago with carnival. everything was pretty straight forward on what was needed, EXCEPT that we needed a COVID test done right before we boarded. we didnt see anything required other than vac cards...it was a very expensive mistake as we had to pay to get the tests done right there before boarding. aside from that the cruise was great.

sharkattack likes this.
  13. Lanceabillion

Ok, here we go. I was avoiding the Dungeon. To do excursions, they require a.........v a then the letter x..... passport...... When you show it, do they scan it, enter it into a database or just glance at it. They said you have to show it at check in. I am just trying to figure out how intense the screening is.

14. sharkattack

When we did excursions via NCL, Cozumel and Costa Maya, we didn't have to show anything regarding passport or vaccination cards.

15. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I've done 7 cruises since August and haven't had to show a vax card or passport for excursions. Been on Carnival, Virgin and MSC. Travel agent perks lol

When is your cruise? I'm doing Alaska in August

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cruise line should have a list of the requirements for each port. Pretty sure they're all still requiring a negative test within the day before the cruise (so it can be a bit more than 24 hours if it was done the prior day) and the test must be the witnessed type, not a home test. All I've seen also require a vaccination card.

sharkattack likes this.
  17. Lanceabillion

Same, Alaska in August, Princess, Aug 13 through Aug 21, out of Seattle.

The Princess lines say vax is not required to travel, but if you are not vaxxed, you just have to do a neg test a day or two before and then after. Proof of Vax cards are stated as being required to do excursions.

I was just wondering if all you have to do is show them a card, do they scan it, or do they enter it into some database?

18. Scuba Steve

Cruise line just looked at mine when I was boarding. Didn't scan it at all

I leave on Aug 24 from Seattle

Lanceabillion likes this.
  19. Scuba Steve

Within 48 hrs if vaxxed, 72 if boosted. They're doing exemptions for medical and religious beliefs but regulate how many they approve

Lanceabillion likes this.
  20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Is it an option to just skip the excursions? We've always had more fun doing our own thing rather than the expensive and crowded excursions.