1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK | ROUND 03 | Estoril Round | 20 - 22 MAY

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, May 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What aren’t you liking about it? WSBK has been awesome since last year.

418 and cav115 like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Race 2 finale was incredible.

23103a, cav115 and cpettit like this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The reality is, I know the podium on Thursday usually. This year, I know 6 races in one of two midgets will take the title. No need to watch, I can see the predicable results on RRWs site.

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You’re not wrong, but the top 3 are beating the shit out of each other on race weekend to decide the podium order. It’s great racing.

cav115 and nlzmo400r like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The way they arrive at that "predictable" results every week is fantastically exciting. You literally have to be broken to stay in your seat watching Toprak pick up his bike from a crash and attempting a pass for the lead without even taking one second to regain his composure. As much as I like John Ulrich, you ain't getting that from reading results on RRW.

418, cav115, Triple X and 3 others like this.
  6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Any update on Gerloff's injuries?

7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Nothing on the web....just saw him in that video I posted with his left knee wrapped up pretty good. Maybe stitches...not sure.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

No, those incidents won’t be on RRW. But, if you have FB, they will be posted there by WSBK. Didn’t watch the races today, but saw Toprak’s save within a hour or so there.

9. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having trouble watching races "On Demand"? I watched the Sbk races live without an issue, but have tried to watch the SS races after the fact several times to no avail.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

All three WSBK races were pretty good this weekend. Really enjoyed them.
    I keep wondering if the Yamaha is down on power compared to the Kawasaki and the Ducati.

I know that the Bautista Duc has a weight advantage (as Bautista's very tiny and quite slender) but curious about rev. limits, etc..
    Seems like anytime there's a longer straight, Toprak loses out.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

It sure looks like it. Can't they allow or take away rpms for parity? I wonder if they will. Even the Kawi seems to be faster on the long straights than the Yamaha this year (but still down to the Duc). IIRC Rea and Kawasaki were docked rpms last year because their bike was deemed not different enough from the previous year to warrant a fresh start with their full rpm range.

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems a bit slower on long main straights. However, Yamaha chose a crossplane I4 design, which typically does not make the same peak power as a screamer I4 or a V4. It does deliver power very well for all the shorter straights or coming off the corners in general. Using top speed as the primary metric, and slowing all the others would be unfair. That would be allowing the Yamaha to keep all it’s strengths, while denying the regular I4 and V4s one of their strengths.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Jedb and lopitt85 like this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Thx for pointing out that there is always more to consider. I looked up some info on the cross place vs screamer and it was enlightening.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for the information. Wondering if Dorna will change it for the duc/kawi, or allow the Yamaha more revs.
    :beer:

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That Honda is for sure a screamer. Sounds like a proper superbike. Kawi sounds good too but maybe a bit less so. I think Lecuona is one of the most impressive riders on the arid at the moment. Is like to see him get Lowes or Rinaldis seat. Would be cool if Honder could step up and make their bike a winner but I won’t hold my breath for that.

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

This chart is from last years’s regs. It appears the Kawi would be a missile if they got their revs back… 5232820F-EE23-403C-9BAF-EC0D5DBC0554.jpg

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yamaha has said they'd have at least another 1000 rpm to give if they were allowed.

18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. This is some of the best WSBK racing I've ever seen. To have for SURE 3 guys every race battling is awesome. BSB is basically always awesome too, but outside of that? MotoA is a SNOOZEFEST with the exception of Petrux and Gagne for points leads. I think we know if Petrux is out, Gagne is a sure bet for another championship, and by championship I mean winning every race by 5 seconds or more.

GP is good, sometimes. But the lack of passing and such means Q1 and Q2 are usually more exciting than the races. WSBK is the racing I look most forward to watching right now. Johnny CLEARLY is motivated and will fight every race. Bautista seems to be on the fastest bike under most conditions/tracks, and is really showing some racecraft and patience to make the races come to him in the later stages and consistently podiuming. And Toprak...well man, if you ain't convinced this kid is the real deal....

badmoon692008 and Senna like this.
  19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I met Toprak on the street last night. He was super nice and seemed to appreciate being recognized. He immediately hopped up for a quick photo without me even asking.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Rea is a beast. Insanity.

Pride & Joy and Senna like this.