1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helite e-GP Air Airbag vest

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by YellowYamaha, Dec 13, 2021.

1. toadyc

toadyc Member

hmm, no it did not come w/ a firmware update. I actually just got it delivered yesterday from https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...10207048/Products/Helite-e-GP-Air-Airbag-Vest
    so I'm hoping they had the track mode firmware already in there.

I actually plan on keeping the LL vest since it sounds like a PITA and $$$ to return :(
    I have a race weekend in April so I'll try it then! And if I come to CA this Summer, I'll reach out to see if you want to switch (I moved to FL from Los Angeles about 2 years ago).

2. YellowYamaha

YellowYamaha Member

You can check if you have the update by..
    1. turning on the vest
    2. hold the button down for 3 seconds and it should start flashing blue, then let go
    3. hold for another 3 seconds and it should start flashing pink and green for a few seconds
    Blinking pink means you're in track mode, green is street.

From the letter i got it sounds like the track mode just raises the activation speed to 45km/h for the pitlane and disables the fork sensor, so you're not missing out on much if you don't have it.

I got mine from fcmoto too, so I think yours should be updated.

3. toadyc

toadyc Member

Ahh, I was wondering what the pink flashing meant, since the manual only referred to green when operational. So it looks like you switch from Street mode to Race mode via 3-second push (2 times). To be more specific (since the manual I have is out of date):
    1. turn it ON by pressing the button 3 times, to get a quick red, then green and then the mode color flashing for 45 seconds
    2. it will be in the same mode when it was last used (either Street = green for 45 sec, or Race = pink for 45 sec). If it's in the correct mode, you're good to go riding. It will restart flashing when you move the vest.
    3. to change / set the mode, hold the button for 3 seconds to get the solid blue
    4. hold the button again for 3 seconds and it will switch from green to pink (or pink to green, depending on what mode it was originally)
    5. the new mode color will flash for 45 seconds, and then go dark, until you move the vest again

Yes, I think we have the same version (although I don't have the fork sensor hardware).

Thanks so much!
    Tim

4. epshtielsl

epshtielsl Active Member

Still available?

5. toadyc

toadyc Member

Hi @epshtielsl,
    I can't speak for @YellowYamaha but I still have mine available. It's a size L-L and I've worn it in the house but not on the track. If you are interested, I'll sell it to you for $790 shipped, which is abit lower than I paid.

6. YellowYamaha

YellowYamaha Member

Hi, yes my size L is still available.

7. Jacob Norton

Jacob Norton Active Member

8. YellowYamaha

YellowYamaha Member