1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time - NO. Quit making up shit. There are a ton of areas at every single track in the world that are far away from where corner workers are stationed and they do NOT go running out there on a hot track when the rider is fine. You know why you don't see it much? Because riders rarely make the mistake in an area like he did. But it absolutely happens. This isn't remotely a "oh they do it so much better in europe" thing. Yeah, they do a lot better because they have the money and volunteers to do so. This isn't one of those time. A hundred corner workers in T1 wouldn't have been able to safely run to him before he crossed the track. That isn't a guess, that isn't an opinion, it's basic facts of where he fell.

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Oh really?

That was from BSB this weekend at Donington Park. Those corner workers were really rushing out to aide Kyle Ryde...

https://www.facebook.com/167370269001/posts/10160051036489002/?flite=scwspnss

GixxerBlade likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

And this is what I was going to try to convey before giving up and stoping typing.
    The corner workers location and where he ended up was the deciding factor along with how fast he got up. Now after the field went through someone should have been to him instead of him walking around.

MELK-MAN, Dragginass and 418 like this.
  4. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Your guess is wrong.

418 and noles19 like this.
  5. noles19

On a different topic does anyone know how the corner worker that got hit by debris Saturday is doing?

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

More

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn good question. Looks like they got sideswiped by Jesses bike. That was a scary one.

8. noles19

My photographer buddy said one got transported but I haven't heard or seen anything about it since.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How's that actually work in Real RoadRacing, Isle of Man, NorthWest 200??

jd41 and motodog650 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trying to get info now...

noles19 likes this.
  11. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Or even... Dakar?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not Europe, doesn't count :crackup:

Nick_OMC and Britt like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That wouldn't be the first time in a superbike race in America.
    His Instagram post didn't put the blame on the other rider. What's the issue?
    Are you seeing any commonality in their respective results? :confused:
    Which ones do you read? I haven't seen any of that. All the ones I am familiar with who were around that era revere American GP racers from 30-40 years ago. I'm not even sure I know any younger guys who resent those racers. :confused:

motodog650 likes this.
  14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

o_O Are you saying that you expect the younger, less experienced rider stepping up to the higher level series, to have the same level of success right away and adapt as well as the MotoGP race winner stepping into the lower level series (not a knock against MotoAmerica, just an honest statement)?

15. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Pikes Peak? Ulster GP? The list goes on and on. Don't even mention the offroad stuff: Baja, Vegas to Reno . . . . .

Sour grapes and Euro Journos bashing the Stars & Stripes. Better to let his actions on track do the talkin'. A distant 4th & 3rd are hardly moppin' up the second class series in the States . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

jd41, G2G and 418 like this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Maybe he thought those helicopters were for him..heck, maybe they were..just in case he had a nasty spill.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Stop trolling me Papa. You damn well know I'm .22 hot about this shit. :crackup:

Does anybody know if VIR even has a corner worker stand outside of the kink?

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I know when I raced Pikes Peak they will only know when you don't pass a checkpoint they go back and try to find you. It could take a while.

83BSA likes this.
  19. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Same ones you do I suspect. Guess we just interpret some of their comments differently...o_O

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    418 likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek...Twitter/IG complainer has raced Dakar as KW pointed out..the fact he was on the ground for an excruciating number of seconds..without "Aid" at VIR is silly, in comparison, IMO.

G2G likes this.