1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Reason To Hate France

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, May 22, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's not the French but the club he plays for and the owners that I hate.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not into soccer but I've been enjoying the decade+ of heavily-subsidized under-achievements. It seems like every time they fail, they spend more money on the next failure. :D

Robin172 likes this.
  3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I'm in Paris right now. They have more motorcycles than we have guns. They ain't goin anywhere

Norton 357 and AJ like this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You dramatically underestimate how many guns we have. :D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed that for ya.

6. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I think those guns that were lost in boating accidents could probably be retrieved very quickly if needed.

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Rue De Gobelin, in the 6th.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's bloody hilarious.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'll be the out-lier here. I know three or four Frenchie bikers. All are hard core...much more than me. I don't like to ride in the rain...they could give a shit.....I don't think they even notice.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Sylvain?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're not a street rider until you have gone around the Arc de Triomphe in the rain on that cobblestone at rush hour. :) Talk about a manhood rite of passage.

Norton 357 and cha0s#242 like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've been to WSBK at Magny Cours on a rainy weekend and i think there were more bikes than Indy and COTA Motogp combined.

cha0s#242 and Peter Hively like this.
  13. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I've been to WSBK at Magny Cours on a NON rainy weekend, which was an actual verifed miracle, and the Frenchies treated me great! The campground was full of rabid fans, who saw me wandering around in awe and took me in as an honored guest, filling me up with beer, BBQ, and the secret sauce in the green plastic watering can, RICARD!

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    cpettit likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s up to their standards. They dress up the fabrications in suppositions, innuendo, and flowery language. They also do plenty of other fun things but I won’t make it political.

This guy’s ass pulls need higher effort. I think The NY Times would rate him 10 for brazenness and motivation, 2 for execution. They might bring him on as a junior though, he shows great promise.

That shit is embarrassing to even read. :crackup:

I love his delusional rant about loud pipes. Loud pipes do nothing but annoy people and damage your eardrums.

I don’t know about Paris, but in Los Angeles people will have the windows up, AC full blast, and music full blast while they’re texting. They won’t even notice your bike after they left hook you and run you over, let alone hear your pipes.

Your description of the Mayor reminds me of a local lady Congress critter. They’re like crocodiles. Very cunning, but not necessarily bright.

We talk shit because it’s fun, not because we believe it. French motorcycle culture seems absolutely fantastic. They seem to embrace every form of racing and riding without the same poisonous lawsuit culture we have in the US, and they seem to be born with a spirit of FTP.

That guy’s extremely dope, he’s quite the motorcycling renaissance man.

Most of their famous riders are pretty cool. Who doesn’t like Zarco and QBall? Zarco has some of the most massive cojones on the grid. He’s almost to Marquez levels of disregard for his own mortality. His walking away from KTM mid contract and season was nearly fatal to his career, but it also took massive balls and I don’t think many riders would’ve dared to do that. :flag:

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

16. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ruh roh...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are some exceptions and truly funny is one of them - but even as much as I love Python don't push it :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

He’s wearing a helmet so moto related.

R Acree likes this.
  20. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

It puckered me up to do that in a car, couldn't imagine it on a bike.

I lived an hour from Paris for 6 months in 2015 and the motorcycle crowd was strong. The people overall were nice to us, as long as we let them know we weren't Brits. :)