1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to the US from Abroad

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, May 20, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To those who have been outside the country in the past month or so, are you still required to provide a negative Covid test before returning to the US?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yes, needs to be the day before arrival, not 24 hours.

3. Robin172

So if you arrive on a Monday you have to take the test on the Sunday?

motion likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yes.
    I leave Sunday for Mexico and as of today thats how it is. When I fly back next Friday, I have to test on Thursday or Friday am. The US will accept a PCR (~24 hrs) or antigen test (~30min).

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just swim the river no test needed.

All joking aside does it matter citizen vs non-citizen. When my cousin came over from France he had hoops to jump through that were different if he was French.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

sheepofblue and Phl218 like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its checked at the airport when you check in for your departure. Just needs to be negative result the day prior.

8. Robin172

ChemGuy said that he can do his on the morning of his flight back, I'm confused.

9. Robin172

Think I've sorted it, according to the site that ChemGuy linked it's this:

"Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel."

So it must be taken within the 24hr window prior to leaving.

I'm assuming that the country going to (Portugal) means the same thing:

"- Or a negative Laboratorial Rapid Antigen Test- 24h before boarding (according to the European Commission list)"

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It can be more than 24 hours, just needs to be the day before at some time. We flew out of Costa Rica on Dec 26th in the afternoon. The only appointment we could get for testing was Christmas day at 7am and it was still accepted, even though it was over 30 hours.

11. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

I bought tests from Emed and tested my family and myself in our hotel room via telehealth. The cost of the tests were reimbursed to me via my insurance.

https://www.emed.com/

12. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

This won't help you. My friends and I drove down to Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico to tour the Paquime ruins for almost a week. No test required to get home to New Mexico.

13. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Dublin and Heathrow airports appear to have 3 hour rapid testing at the airport, I assume most international UK and EU airports have something similar. Requires reservation but looks easy to set up on line $40-$100 based on currency. Dollar as at record levels so good time to travel.

dave3593 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just give them the finger and walk past.....

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The damned virus got me again.

Feel like shit right now.

16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Paddy is right. I got a test recently in an airport. The results came back in less than an hour. Just check that the airport you will be in has this available.

17. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Get the verrifly app, once you load you test information and flight info it links everything

18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Lol...me too bout a week ago.
    2nd time now.

should have known better than to go around my girlfriend's brother with his damn kids that's how we caught it last time some other friend's kids.

I think kids are the problem!

I'm over the fever feel good I'm just fckin tired !! And easily wided.

Oxygen meter shows that I'm at 98. Just got to ride this thing out again over the next month or two as it lays an anchor into you.

I'm not vaccinated and probably never will be, but every single person I know that was vaccinated has caught it again as well and their symptoms are about just what mine are.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not a non-believer...
    I can easily see how this could totally fuck somebody that isn't in good health or has a weakness in their lungs.

Get well....

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You were never in a different country ... hence you didn't need a test!