1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Honda be anymore lame (rhetorical)

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, May 12, 2022.

1. There are a rather large group of hipsters that have money and spend a lot of it do look dirty. They will buy these as not everyone thinks a Grom is a cool bike to ride around on.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Only 1 of my Hondas has any soul... this thing is pretty cool. Its tiny... basically a GP bike with lights.

IMG_3685.JPG

R1M370, The Todd, Triple X and 4 others like this.
  3. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

That is your opinion. The RC51 may have been an overweight poorly handling bike with little power for what it was, but I would argue that it had plenty of soul.

britx303 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, a correct opinion.

britx303 likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Look what we have here! G97 is a mutherfuckin fact checker!!!

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

He’s gonna hafta circle back on that:D

A. Barrister and G 97 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm drawing a map but first gotta get through this graduation thing. 6FC60B01-4CDA-4D7D-99E0-7BD31248EE9F.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The bike that actually won races has very little to do with the production bike. About the only thing they share is the shape of the body work.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

better check facts on "vtx1000"

have we all forgotten this mofo rides a shitpile Harley???

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Can Garth write a thread title without an error (rhetorical)?

For an ISU piker, it's not a strong look. :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

When I was 16 or somewhere in there I thought these were SOOO cool . The repsol Honda was also awesome. I was just getting into racing sport bikes at the time and always wanted one. We ended up with Kawi's or Suzuki's until the r6 came out but I still love the 2004 era Honda's, Erion Honda, Factory Honda AMA bikes.
    41_0.jpg

FastByKids likes this.
  12. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Oh Man I'M Man..A CT70...Just may be the Pinnacle of joy in motorcycling for me, It was my 1st bike I could "go out and be free" on...My God....some of the absolute best adventures of my life were on one.
    I take that little bike drive 45 miles to the beach and put another 120 on it in a day...every weekend.
    Loved that lil machine.
    I don't think you could ride one safely anymore in the 80s piece of crap Camaros and everything else could barely get out of their own way now every Hyundai Kia Honda and Toyota is flying at 80 moh..
    The world is too fast today for those little bikes so I should consider myself lucky to have experienced it wouldn't trade it for nothing close my eyes the world was a simpler place I met "girls" that wanted to ride on that thing...lol

FastByKids, ducnut and The Todd like this.
  13. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Maybe soulless, but that’s….like your opinion man.
    My Honda Monkey has been lavished with a god awful unnecessary number of improvements. The single most fun bike I have ever owned.
    Wheelie on, as you were.

Nathey and FastByKids like this.
  14. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

But did you have the 3-speed automatic or the much-more-manly 4-speed manual? In 7th grade me and several of my friends had CT-70’s and the ones that had the automatics were secretly jealous of those of us who the the manual. I had the manual (blue-green) and my then-best friend, Doug Pugh, had a green automatic. (RIP Doug).

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, except it’s not a shitpile.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

honda went super lame years ago. most of what they make is for boring pleb pretenders, shame that they used to be cool. that being said, gotta get non-riders onto 2 wheels somehow.

RIP nsx, RIP s2000, RIP a whole gaggle of neato bikes they cranked out in the 1990s when they weren't afraid to innovate.

a superchicken was my first track bike- crashed a few times, tracked for 10+ years, never gave me any trouble at all and people still walk up to try and buy it at track days or out and about.

17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah to bad, since the old man died, it's turned into a car company.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I got it...... to be lame bring back the QA50 the lame brother of the mini trail

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hell yeah...we beat the crap out of 2 of those.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Bruh. What kind of SV is that? Doesn’t even look clapped out. Better start thrashing it! :flag: