1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Can’t see Alex Marquez keeping that seat for next year. Especially if they sign Mir. Marc will have two more years I believe on his contract after next year, if (hopefully he is) able to see that out without being forced into retirement. So keeping him happy with giving his brother a seat won’t be a thought.

For sure Ogura is moving up to LCR and what happens to that second seat? Canet? Does two rookies and a third rider that’s new to a difficult bike make sense? Leaves them with no “test” rider on the grid but they really haven’t had that since Cal.

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I dont see AM73 going anywhere. He'll remain at LCR as long as his brother is with HRC. Marc will see it in the contract if its not already a clause. Also, Vinales likely will get renewed with Aprilia so I see Morbidelli going to RNF with a Yamaha contract, Rins getting into factory Yamaha and Mir has already been linked to have signed a deal with HRC.

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

My prediction Fabio is going to take jack millers seat!

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

At this point me thinking Alex stays put has less to do with Marc and more the fact that I don’t necessarily see anyone who Honda would look at as a solid replacement.

Ogura is definitely the current favorite but chantra has made some showings that at least put him in the conversation. Lots of season still left for him to outshine ogura. Just a matter of who makes the most of it through the next few rounds.

BigBird likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don’t know man. I know they seem to like him for some reason and he’s Aleix’s boy and all. But I have to think he’ll only get so much grace consistently finishing as far behind his teammate as he is. And then will come the meltdowns and perpetuating down spiral. And I don’t care how much aleix likes maverick, if his brother finds himself without a seat and Aprilia wants him, I’d bet aleix links arm in arm with the rest of the team collectively give mav the boot.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

All I can say is 2023 would be much more interesting with Dovi, vinales, slow Marquez and morbidelli gone.

MachineR1 and Suzuka_joe like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

MM93's pending retirement will REALLY mix things up.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

so Mir and Rins to Repsol

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

How about all three slow brothers, plus Vinales, Morbidelli, Nakagami, and Dovi, all gone. Fresh blood.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

would really like to see Chantra get a ride

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you are throwing out slow stuff, does KTM leave too?

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Now that is funny! Wish it weren’t true as I have always liked Oliveira.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Morbidelli is contracted for next year already.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Details, details…. He can be a Yamaha test rider.

Phl218 and notbostrom like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Imagine being Pecco. Beat by a year old satellite bike by a guy who wanted nothing to do with Pecco’s lord and savior Rossi and VR46 academy, Beast coming into the Factory squad and be the 1st Italian to win everything on ‘the’ Italian bike. Yea, he should be sweating right about now…

Sudowoodo, SuddenBraking, 27 and 2 others like this.
  18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I fucking love the Beast. He's the outsider when it comes to the Italians, ran his own game and has been lighting it on fire this year. I hope and pray he stays on the sat team next year to prove a point.

27 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

they need to tell his story… it’s a Cinderella one for sure, at least what I’ve read… could be a spin I guess… but his riding speaks for itself and his end of the race runs are better than any since Rossi always pulling out an extra 10% when he was probably holding 20%…

I like Pecco, but the other guys shouldn’t have a chance as it goes now… and I’m sure it’ll come down Enea’s manager’s relationship with Ducati… which may not be good or AI would’ve stayed there when he was winning…

Stand by this being the most exiting times ever in GP

Miller is driving home all night to Andorra with his crew of kids he helps… hard not to like that guy… he’s no Stoner though… while I’m on Aussies… Gardner’s quote was heart wrenching something about “trying to find more where there isn’t any and ending up on the ground… and they were winning some last year…

what a sport!

20. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Miller to KTM