1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was fun while it lasted...

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, May 6, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I really hope a movement starts with homeowners to not sell to anyone but families. It’s hard to say no to those offers from investment firms though. its unfortunate.

Sweatypants likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It is going to take regulation to get them out but we know how that is going to go already because corporations are people too.

Sweatypants and 418 like this.
  3. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

The more I learn about the tax code the more angry I get with our supposed leadership. My accountant told me I can get angry or learn the cheat code and I replied with, why not both?

4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I can tell you that the people who would be creating the regulations are frustrated too. When a new development project comes up we avoid asking if it is for sale or for rent if we are thinking of denying the project. We don’t want the ownership model to be used when we get sued for denying them their rezoning / variances.

5. I thought the Equifax credit score rating max is 850. Isn’t that right?

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FICO® score ranges vary — they can range from 300 to 850 or 250 to 900, depending on the scoring model — but higher scores can indicate that you may be less risky to lenders.May 10, 2022

I always thought they only went to 850 as well, but evidently not?

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Underrated post................

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Me too. Ive always thought 850 was max.

I went to the Credit Union because I’m gonna finance half the cost of the TGT. With the market in the shitter, it would be silly to pull money out to pay all of it. I’ll finance half and let the market pick up then pay it off.

When she gave me the blank check I asked about my score and she said it was 871. I thought she read it wrong. I was like “That’s impossible, isn’t it? I thought 850 is max”.

She said the one they use goes to 900. That’s a first for me.

I went to Google and the search I did said 850 was max also. I was sure it had been discussed on here, so I searched on here too.

That’s the first I’ve ever heard or seen anything going to 900.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So, why aren’t you a 900? Someone’s ahead of you! :Poke:

Nick_OMC, Phl218 and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I always thought 850 was tops too. Learn something new everyday

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. I have no idea. I have never really paid attention to how it works.

But I do know that one factor is “credit age”. So it’s possible by paying off the house and car a long time ago, I might be penalized for not having a long credit age, since I don’t have any payments.

I didn’t have any trouble getting the check though, that’s all I really care about.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Who was Prez in the 80's?

13. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

No it's not because I don't want to believe it

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was President of our VICA chapter.

15. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

A quick check says the average age of the first time home buyer is now 33.
    That is 18 years of age in 2008 when it all tanked and 15 years old in 2008 by years. How many of them do you think paid attention or learned from the 08 mess?
    I'm already seeing no credit and no income check mortgage advertising as well as another home equity loan push.
    Yeah, it's different this time.

BigBird likes this.
  16. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That's why I love my mortgage guy. Called him when rates were in the mid 2's and said I want to refi and go to a 12 yr mortgage.

He ran the numbers and was like...."Nah, keep doing what you're doing and you'll be better off financially."

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I just remember voting for Reagan in 1984 (first time I voted) and Bush in 1988. I kinda remember my Dad bitching about crazy interest rates when Carter was President but I was too young to care.

I've got a 15 year fixed at 2.75% with 13 years left. Definitely not worth paying off early.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

People are buying homes later in life for a couple reasons I can put a finger on.

One, houses are too fucking expensive.

Two, people are taking longer to “settle” on where they’ll live long term.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What's a mortgage?:D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

An antiquated concept of borrowing money from a financial institution for an extended period of time in order to purchase an asset that will suck the life from you attempting to meet the terms of said mortgage.