1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Think Trouba sits for the elbow to Crosby?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

If they didn't sit Oshie for his the other night they can't ding Trouba.

But regarding Shesty...I played with a puck handling goalie one season and I hated it. I'd lay into him after the game and he'd do it again the next. As a defenseman you can't get a good breakout.

Did you notice he dropped it behind the net every play after that?

Might not have been the prettiest game but I'll take it.

3. Ducati89

True. But its Crosby.

Yes, im sure he got instructed to leave that puck. He still hasnt settled in the series. Maybe if they get to round two that will change but this feels like an exhibition series than ploff series right now with them.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Refs really had it out for Guentzel in the 3rd period. Not even sure what the last penalty call was, and then he gets called offsides when Copp is holding him down?

5. Ducati89

Good observation. The officiating was very inconsistent as well. There were multiple stick holds in the first and second periods that were super blatant and not called.

rice r0cket likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yeah I tuned in late, probably for the better.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You sound like all my leaf fan buddies that have been pissin and moanin about having to play tampa first round. Making excuses since the puck dropped in g1.

I agree though, I like the old format better.

Just tired of hearing about it lol.

<---hab fan (old hab fan, don't really give a shit anymore...). At least we "won" something this postseason I guess....:D

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Assf@ck! It’s like the Caps want to go home and deal with the house cleaning that’s coming. :mad:

9. Ducati89

Every year, Dave:D

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Still no word on Crosby. He will be evaluated today says the sports writers

11. Ducati89

Considering it was to the chops, ill put a fiver its concussion protocol.

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is their another team that has as many asshat, cheap shot players as that one. They’re the Patriots of the NFL, but without the Brady factor.

13. Ducati89

Pens and Boston are close podium finishers....

14. BHP41

Just because Carter is like 9’4” and 2 million lbs doesn’t mean that when he skates into and over someone means he’s a dirty player. :D

15. Ducati89

Agreed. But when you swing for the fences and hit elbow pads it may be time for him to update his contact prescription:D

rd400racer and BHP41 like this.
  16. BHP41

If you watch the slow motion of the hit, you can see that he got that arm to left side of his head and it snapped back. After he got up it looked like an oh fuck moment and just skated to the bench. Have a feeling he might not start next game. He’s had so many and wouldn’t be the first time he’s had to sit a game or series out because of another one. Still one of the greatest to play the game.

YamRZ350 and Sabre699 like this.
  17. Ducati89

Agreed!

18. BHP41

As long as the Pens keep NY off balance, they’ll win. If they start playing that BS “standard” fundamental hockey, the Pens will lose the next two. They can’t bear NY playing that way.

19. Ducati89

Agreed. Pens disrupted rushes in the neutral zone and pushed NY to the boards defending. It wasnt until NY penetrated the slot area is when they started scoring. And for God's sake, Igor has to get his shit together...

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You spelled Rangers wrong.