1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I vehemently disagree. My wife's 401k has been with Fidelity in their 2030 target fund (FFFEX). It's not even remotely a crucial portion of our retirement planning, and I naively just trusted that Fidelity would do at least a half-ass decent job with the money. As we were meeting with Medicaid planners, we pulled together every asset and during that process I realized that the numbers on her 401k were a bit lower than I was expecting. When I pulled up the historical performance of FFFEX I was pissed, then shocked, then befuddled, and then back to pissed off.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how a monkey with a fuckin dartboard could have underperformed the market that badly. Having anticipated the decline we are now experiencing, we decided to just leave it there for the time being, assuming that since it went up much slower in the bull market that it would drop much slower in the bear, but fuck no, they're dropping like a damn rock FASTER than the overall market.

[​IMG]

So, no... Target date funds, at least Fidelity's , suck donkey balls.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Damn it’s nice to be right sometimes.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's nothing special. A broken clock does it twice a day.

Sweatypants likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

How's that crypto working out for you? You're a special kind of full of shit.

5. Venom51

Make a mark on the graph where you bought into the bullshit.
    bullshit.jpg

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im talking about my 401k.

btw, I’m still all in on crypto, I just pulled out before the dip. I’ve actually made money. Waiting for it to hit 25 then going back in with everything I have. So EAD

the reason you suckers are losing your asses is because you’re living in a different time.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I thought 401k's were for suckers? Great Reset/The Man keeping us down and all that

BigBird likes this.
  8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I never said 401ks were for suckers. I said in the current climate I can make more interest on my money in other sectors.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I bought Doge Coin at $.07 Canadian and sold it at $.83 Canadian. Made enough money on that one to pay off every debt I ever had. Bought Shiba Inu at around $.000006. I mine Bitcoin for fun, so I have been in it for a while. It is like any stock really. You make some money on some, and lose some money on some. But never invest what you cannot afford to lose.

418 and motion like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who is paying that kind of interest? I want in.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Weed, For one. If it’s legal in your neck of the woods.

airbnb if you’re in a metropolitan area.

Crypto is in a dump. But if history is an indicator it’s going to skyrocket after this. I’m getting back in at 27k

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see. Looks like young, modern people don't know the difference between return and interest. :D

motion, Boman Forklift and auminer like this.
  13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Bazinga

When I look around at the people I know, the ones who invest, save and act more traditionally are rich. The ones who have lots of ideas about crypto, weed, pump and dump, etc are not rich. ymmv

rd400racer and cortezmachine like this.
  14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

of course I do. I just don’t care. Money is money.

15. Venom51

I'll stick with my traditional approach.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is a vast difference between an investment that put your capital at risk and one that doesn't. But you go on with your bad self, Michael Milken.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im sure that has to do with the types of people you hang out with more than anything

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You’re acting like they don’t carry inherent risk

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Products that just pay interest tend to be pretty safe.

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

if history is an indicator, you got another $15-17k to drop before the bottom of the trough. what happened to back in at 25k?