1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another realtor rant...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, May 3, 2022.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I can’t help myself here. :crackup::crackup:

2. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Lol, you can’t get too mad at grammar on posts here. Even I fuck up. Couple screw ups on my posts in this thread that I noticed, ha.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

SOOOOO....what happened?

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

One of the 2 original offers upped their bid by $10K and while it wasn't the highest, they had conventional financing and 50% down. We accepted last night. Final number is 10k over asking and 30K over what I was going to originally list at. And 30K over any sale (ever) in that 'hood. I know to the ballers here that sounds like pocket lint, but we're talking well under $200k homes. There was one down the street I could have picked up for under $30K 3 years ago and might have needed 10K invested to bring an easy $150 today. One around the corner sold for 80 3 months ago and just sold for 160 and it doesn't look like they did much to it.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

well congrats!...hope it goes smoothly and quickly since you already have the new digs

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

haha you ass. :D

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hey, I was nice enough not to point out commission, too. :crackup:

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks Bud, hopefully I'll have a big check soon to invest in Birdco Investments LLC and not having to find another buyer as rates climb

L8RSK8R and BigBird like this.
  9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yeah I was typing on my phone while driving so I was lucky enough to even post haha

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Mine is assessed at 569k, I could probably sell it for 800 right now.

I'm thinking that if the real estate market takes a shit, I just might get a TREC license for when I do sell it.

In a couple few years, it might fetch over a million. 5% of that is almost what I make in a year of dookie-scooping. Too much to just give away.

Get my TREC license, list the house under it, and never use the license again.

Hmmm... M.. Mm.. Mmm....

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What is trec license for? I sold my old house and bought current one without real estate agents or any licenses.

12. auminer

Ostensibly, a FSBO isn't at all supported by, shown by, referenced by, or listed by any agents. If you try to go around them they band up and try to blackball your listing and you don't sell for as good a price.

If I become a licensed agent, I would be in their little club, and my home would be listed and shown like any other.

Plus, hell, other than being an off-putting asshole who hates people, I think I'd be a pretty good real estate agent. :D

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Is that legal?

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

My brother is a realtor and is absolutely murdering the competition in his area. Started his own brokerage and in under two years now has a dozen experienced agents he's trained up. Nothing he's doing is even very original or groundbreaking; he's just insistent on quality service - it boggles even his mind that this makes him exceptional in the field. It's amazing that the standard of quality out there is so low.

I think it's hilarious that my other brother works for Redfin and is, conceptually, working to destroy his older brother's industry and business model. But, they actually both agree that both models have their use: Redfin is perfect for very standard/routine house sales and purchases, and in-person realtors add a lot of value when the transaction or property is complex.

15. auminer

Who's going to investigate it? The real estate commission (which is made up of....... realtors)?

Trying to prove it in court, proving that realtors selectively avoided showing your property because it wasn't going to pay them anything, proving the ABSENCE of something, would be difficult. And since home purchase/sale is such a yuge life event for 98.6% of the population, they just go along with the status quo.

BigBird likes this.
  16. auminer

It's funny, on any given weekday I can log into my brokerage account and trade 7 figures worth of stock. I can trade it multiple times in a day. No need for any long drawn out process with dozens of grubby paws raking in their cut.

I can log in to my coinbase account and trade ̶f̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶s̶a̶n̶d̶.̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶s̶a̶n̶d̶.̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶-̶a̶n̶d̶-̶a̶-̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶s̶a̶n̶d̶ fourteen dollars and twenty-seven cents worth of crypto with no adult supervision.

But try to sell a run-down ass house in the ghetto? Nope.

BigBird likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Now you know the difference between “real” and “fiat”…

18. auminer

Meh... I can buy and sell silver all day long, too, without a convoluted, self-appointed industry ass-raping me all along the way.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’d say STFU and thank your lucky stars that shiny metal is still too insignificant for the goons to put any effort into

20. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

You do realize premium over spot price is just a fancy term for commission right?