1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki to quit MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, May 2, 2022.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Not shutting down. Tough to describe. I'm on the tooling side, and usually a few years ahead of current production. Some actual long term thinking goes into the projects/packages I work on, not the monthly/quarterly knee jerk reactions to current sales/inventory etc.

With all the inventory issues the past 2 years etc, I've never been busier. But we're starting to see a pullback, and some talk of projects being put on hold, and even cancelled. I knew some work was going back to china once the dust settled a bit, and knew the good times would end, but some of the reasons are starting to give me some deja vu. It's not "the package of jobs went to china", it's "the entire program might not get built". That's worrisome.

There are other reasons for my feelings, but I can't get into them here......I don't like the looks of the next couple years and beyond. When big companies start to tighten purse strings it's usually a sign of things to come, and snowballs. Hopefully I'm wrong, and I most likely am. :D. But there has bee a lot of disruption to the world economy the past couple years, and while some thrived, others did not, and I don't think we've seen the true effects of that, or will for the next couple years.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am not questioning anything you're saying. I was just saying it's probably part of the doomsday scenario predicted to follow Rossi's retirement. It starts with the tooling. :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And Dave, your little joke is already getting old. Really old. :D

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

ah gotcha. I read too much into your comment lol.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is a test. Rossi :crackup:

B3B6E101-A842-4ACF-8DE4-AE936B5B0307.jpeg

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I like the rossi

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Suzuki just needs to funnel the cash from their WSBK program to stay in MotoGP....

:Poke:

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Best rock and roll band of all time: The Rossi

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Best rock and roll song of all time: Rossi are You?

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Wow. That sucks.

So where does Rins go, Yamaha?

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If Mir goes to Honda he might want to take a bike with him.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wonder if they would be interested in doing something like Aprilia was doing with Gresini.

14. duc995

duc995 Yep…

I don’t understand how money can be tight anywhere in the motor sports industry: record sales figures were reported throughout the pandemic! Just look at Ducati setting new records every quarter over the last two years…. Next you’ll be telling us that the RV market is hurting too!

15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Stuff going on. Recall reading how the punters in the British mc press in 1940 called out the Italians for giving up a sure thing opportunity to dominate the European Championships by declaring war.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dealers have nothing to sell. I can't even order a new Macbook because of the Covid lockdowns in China. Suzuki knows full well that there's a shitstorm brewing with the world's economy and it ain't gonna be pretty.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

We need a GasGas factory team. I'd bet they could be on pace with the KTMs in no time...

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That plandemic ain’t never going away.

ducnut, Phl218, FastByKids and 3 others like this.
  19. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Damn I hope this turns out not true. I have grown to really like the Suzuki boys. If they do pull out, I'd like to see either rider on a factory Yamaha

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sucks to hear it.....again :(

BigBird likes this.