1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best songs of the 90’s.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction, cant believe anything you’re taught...

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Lightning Crashes was waaaaaay overplayed. All over you was a much better song.

27 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Mellencamp was never my bag, although growing up then you couldnt escape it. I do like the fact that his fiddle player often played over her head and wasn’t ever afraid to expand her talents

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’d say Lightning Crashes was the worst tune on the whole Throwing Copper album.

27 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Really sucks because I always listen to an entire album and the overplay of LC made it I just completely stopped listening to Live. I was doing a bunch of radio shows back then and it was constant

6. Hyperdyne

No worries.. Even the people who live here get it wrong. To your point though, West Lafayette is where Purdue is. Despite being a college town, it's a concrete jungle stuffed in the middle of a very industrial location. It's actually a fairly depressing place. Bloomington is where Indiana University is and it's a utopia in away. Very serene, old buildings, lots of art.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Cbjr mentioned Sober and I despise the song as it’s not even remotely one of their top songs and gets 90% of their radio play... still...

I almost never listen to Opiate because of it. Maybe it’s a me issue...

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That makes perfect sense as DLR was all flamboyant and Rose and Hoon more dark angry and melancholy

Like Reznor and Cleveland... yeah no shit he was industrial strength angry

Jack White interests me... I was into a way way different scene by proxy(women and EDM) when he came out and I really missed it. I’ve yet to find anything he does that I hate and really like most of it.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

And Hyper I was harrassing you but that’s kinda what got started in the Mazzy Starr thread... we were talking about the music we listened to or put up with for the hot hippy chicks... great memories, guess it was happening all over

10. Hyperdyne

No worries at all. I could tolerate a lot but the one group I couldn’t stand were the Indigo Girls. Plain, freaking, awful.

Sarah M has some serious pipes and I gained a lot of respect for her. Never saw her put on a bad show.

CBRRRRR999 and 27 like this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Best songs of the 90s? The Ned's Atomic Dustbin catalog.

/thread.

CBRRRRR999 and britx303 like this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Haven’t heard a lot of them, but grey cell green is a great song that sticks out…….theres another that the title escapes me though. My Dino Jr fanatic sister was big on Neds, which is where I heard it a bit.

DrA5 likes this.
  13. britx303

27 likes this.
  14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Huge muff or hairy belly?

Was cranking Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Five Finger DP yesterday.
    Blue on Black. Love that toon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    27 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ll add to that list. Ani fucking diFranco. Every. Fucking. Thing. I. Heard. Was. The. Same. Staccato. Style. Made. Me. Wanna. Punch. The. Radio.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Is she Bill Shatner's daughter?

27 likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude! You do not want to get me started on her style or look...

I teased you about her now shape, and feel bad about it as I’d never do that to someone, but somehow teasing a bbser about a crushed fantasy is ok....

So yeah, misery loves company, I too wish she weathered well, and just recently, thanks to Mir’s mom realized some of them do age alright ;)

She was so incredibly hot, as were all the chicks dressing like her and listening to her music that I gladly played as often and loud as they wanted... damn... I really miss the 90s

Now Egg and you will be calling me a hippy again... yeah I’ll be a hippy if that’s what it takes for every day I get to revisit my 90s
    :D

Thanks for the pic! F’er

britx303 likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I must’ve been better looking or cooler than you igors... :D

I Mazzy Starred, violent Femmed a few but indefinitely never ventured into lesbodykeville no matter how hot they were :D

19. britx303

You’re welcome

Hippy:D

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s a next level dig man! Bravo! :crackup:

I had an uncle that lived with me awhile that loved Star Trek... damn I hate the way Shatner talks...