1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring audio?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 27, 2022.

1. So much this.

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dude I was already convinced I need to blast shitty music . You dont need to convince me more!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gotta admit I do admire a bonafide contrarian.

In this one instance you may continue.

Dave Wolfe likes this.
  5. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

I have to ask regardless?? why if on a bike does one need music /tunes idk what anyone wants to call it...just question?? seen and have had few soldiers fall ...engine should be enough music...sorry. just saying..

6. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Music for the ride, I can understand. What I can’t wrap my head around is the guy who spends over $1000 on a COM system so he can answer work calls and make sure he can talk to his wife. It’s like just my opinion man, but me thinks dost is missing the point.

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

When out riding with buddies we did some all day rides through the TX hill country. 3-4 hours out, then back. Having some tunes as background noise is a nice touch.

8. lopitt85

COMM systems are nice because they get rid of the miscommunication and arm flailing for stuff that's not covered by basic hand signals.

You don't ride around yapping over COMMs, you use it to clearly get a point across about something important.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We don't talk every second on the bike but unlike others I do enjoy talking to my wife so comms between us are important, the music and phone (I don't answer calls when driving anyway) and such is less so - although I do like the GPS feed in the helmet.

10. lopitt85

Ditto in the GPS notifications and talking to the wife.

My wife is a new rider so it's great to be able to tell her in advance what's coming up next, or what I'll be doing next so she has has a heads up.

11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Big yes to the GPS, it sure beats painter’s taping a map to the tank or memorizing the turns on your route. Also makes it much easier to just go get “lost” or take the next turn to dodge traffic, rain, etc

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The guys I ride with use earplugs. To each their own, but I'd go nuts without music for a 3 hour ride........

13. lopitt85

I use both. I have earplugs in that block the damage causing wind noise. My Sena just provides barely audible background music in my helmet on those long rides. With 7-8 hr rides...music is a nice plus!

I did just buy some of the "earbud headphones" that act as earplugs and feeds the music in clearly. Should combine he best of both worlds. I havent tried them yet though.

I'll report back in this thread once I do.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

It was nice out yesterday and I was able to go for a nice lil ride. On the way out, I installed the ear covers on my half helmet but forgot the ear plugs. The wind noise was a lot more bearable but still couldnt hear the stereo for shit on the hwy. On the way back, with ear plugs and same helmet, voila!! Music at hwy speeds!!

Ill probably start looking for a modular or 3/4 helmet where i could hook up a sena and keeo the sun off of my nose at some point for longer rides.