1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face masks (NON COVID/ NO POLITICS)

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

[​IMG]

so let me get this straight…. Asking for other peoples opinions/concerns/factual data regarding the use of a product for personal longevity ON A PUBLIC FORUM is attention whoring because I won’t move to the sticks? I could accept that notion with some of my other threads but your assertion is pretty ridiculous in this case I would say.

hotnail, SGVRider and G 97 like this.
  2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There's a story I once heard as a child about a boy that cries wolf. I forget how it ends, but I definitely take you seriously now.

HPPT, RRP and Rebel635 like this.
  3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

am I crying wolf?

4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

If you're really interested in finding out if and how much harm those pollutants do to your body and how to mitigate them, this is probably not the place. Politics will nearly always be a considerable determiner of people's views unfortunately.
    Pubmed central will have every single legit study ever done the subject.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’m of the opinion that Not taking someone seriously on the internet and taking opportunity to insult them are different things. Who the fuck takes this place seriously? yes there are are real moments of clarity and information on here. But mostly it’s just us bullshitting. Get off your high horse.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    SGVRider and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That's not civilization.

Rebel635 likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

totally.

8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Buy a North p100 full face mask or waste your time.

If you're that serious about your lungs you'd better never breathe a breath of body shop dust again.

9. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Frfr. Nothing in air pollution is going to be as toxic as all the crap in a bodyshop. Especially if any epoxies are around.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I wear my 3m mask all day. I also have the 3m full face shield but it’s large and gets in the way when I’m working in small spaces. I want something that will protect my face from skin aging chemical/particulates and protect my lungs. which is why I’m thinking about designing a new generation shop mask.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Moving is an option but you don’t want to do it and I get that. But if I lived somewhere that required wearing a mask all the time outdoors, I’d reconsider my options.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

for me it’s a negligible trade off. Also I’m super into personal technology so having something like this has a cool factor for me. And blends with my street goth type style very well.

13. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

You’re obviously a sharp guy, so I hear you

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't think anything you're going to be willing to wear all day will protect you from the stuff it sounds like you want to filter out.
    Plus years of working in the auto body industry must have polluted just about every fiber of your being by now, I don't care how careful you might have been. Add in all the booze and smoke and crack and whatever and you're a walking chemical stew.
    You should drop to your knees and thank the good Lord that you're a still-operating shit machine.
    Plus think of the goofy tan line you'll have from wearing a mask.

I recommend a hot Vick's enema once a month, it cleans out everything from stem to stern.

SGVRider likes this.
  15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I think it was more referring to wearing said contraption in public, and the attention it draws there.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

maybe in your neck of the woods….

Most people are still wearing masks here for Covid.

Whether or not that bothers you to the point of distraction is a conversation not to be had here.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

il_794xN.2519847903_i926-1.jpg ³

Funkm05, Phl218, evakat and 3 others like this.
  19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Dude works in a body shop all his life, while living in LA, and NOW he decides that he wants to protect his lungs.
    Papi, the horse is out of the barn. The chemicals and pollution was WAY nastier 20 years ago....

Banditracer likes this.
  20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

One of my butt pirate homies has that mask. Total bottom. gotta love him.

SGVRider and G 97 like this.