1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best songs of the 90’s.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Hype song: engine no.9 by the Deftones

in the 90s I was a big fan of Korn. Nowadays, I’d say Tool is the best music to come out of that era. One of my biggest regrets musically is not getting to see Maynard sing Sober live.

I did get to go to the summer sanitarium tour when James Hatfield got sick. It was pretty awesome watching Jonathan Davis and Serj Tankian duet a bunch of Metallica songs. Before they went out they were like “we don’t have anyone to play his guitar parts.” The lead guitarist for Powerman 5000 was like “I know every single Metallica song ever made.” It was just an awesome experience.

27 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Isn’t the Powerman5000 guy Rob Zombie’s brother?

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah. It’s funny, you asking that made me realize that my memory was wrong. It was actually Daron Malakian from System of a Down that played guitar for them. It really was an epic concert.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yes. Spider One is Rob's brother.

5. Hyperdyne

Shannon Hoon had some good pipes. He did vocals on a couple of the Use Your Illusion tracks IIRC.

27 likes this.
  6. Hyperdyne

I hate to say it, but if wasn't for Mazzy Star, Sarah McLachlan, and Tori Amos CD's my freshman year of college, that year would have been a whole lot different. I feel the need to connect with @cortezmachine and discuss cray chicks from the 90's. :D

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Dude….. Jolie in the 90’s was my fucking dream girl. Just absolutely off her rocker. I remember seeing her first in hackers. jaw on the fucking floor

8. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I guess I need a few more blows to the head, memories are still far too intact :crackup:

10. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

18D2B7A1-50F7-4FA9-A5BB-1E19BFABADA0.jpeg 18D2B7A1-50F7-4FA9-A5BB-1E19BFABADA0.jpeg
    Went and saw them about a month ago! Another great show.

britx303 likes this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Couple bands that flew under the radar.

Tora Tora
    Smashed Gladys
    And
    Dirty Looks

But they were way too good to ignore.

And Skid Rows second album “Monkey Business” was way better than their debut.
    Quicksand Jesus is one awesome song.

12. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

very similar to the orgy album cover with "blue monday" and "stitches"

Which artist are you showing?

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

He was in one of the GNR videos and sings a duet with axl on top of the building...

But I really like Blind Melon for the original music they made they really didn’t fit in any direction going at the time. Just great rock music, heartfelt and full of emotion.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

And we’re missing all of Chicago’s bands, Smashing Pumpkins, Gish, Siamaese Dream and BwBW was 90s. The end of Urge Overkill who were a great trio that had a really great sound.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Don’t get hung up on it... I’ve been to many, many Tool shows, starting with their 2nd stage debut at Lalapalooza, last time I saw Sober was at the Riv in Chicago, Lateralus tour I think. My favorite song is Right in Two and I’ve yet to see it live. I hope to see it, but every tool show is an adventure in itself.

And I think I read they snuck Sober into a playlist on this tour so go see them and maybe you’ll see it. If you haven’t gone to the newest tour, go, they’re as great now as ever and even more refined. I absolutely can’t get enough of tool shows.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    cBJr and ducnut like this.
  16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

The best songs of the 90s are classic rock tunes of the 70s. That what I was listening to in the 90s.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You missed the Mazzy Star thread?!? I bet you had all the hippy chicks with that playlist going :Poke::D

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

What did you listen to in the 80s??

sharkattack likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Disco I’m sure :Poke::D

sharkattack, TurboBlew and Hondo like this.
  20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

70s Classic rock, 80s punk, hair metal, 80s rock, and 70-80s country.
    Actually, I just described all the music I still listen to.