1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fucking LED headlights especially Jeep

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Apr 23, 2022.

1. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Its the newer F-250 and F-350 that I hate the most. Even the ones with halogen, why are there 4 bulbs for low-beam headlights?

R1M370, OldSchlPunk and backho like this.
  2. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Sure makes me wish for a high intensity laser, pupil buster tractor beam. The Cadillacs and Ford pick ups are horribly bright as are the Jeep poseurs.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You’re high. You can forget about aftermarket parts and diesel modifications of any kind if you go that route. The Germans I know and work with hate that TUV shit.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

TUV doesn't bar the use of aftermarket equipment. There could be laws that prohibit a products use for emission reasons, but everything else is fair game so long as it's included on an "approved list" of components/products.
    Your first TUV exemption card will be expensive for admin reasons. Subsequent additions to the card are merely clerical. TUV exists for one reason, safety.
    Imagine how many dipsticks in the US would be off the road if their vehicles were to be officially scrutinized, followed by effective enforcement of any violations. I couldn't be happier than to see all the dumbshit people with the ignorant crap they do to their vehicles be properly put in there place. Fuck 'em. Their negligence should come at a price...and maybe our markets would no longer be flooded with inferior BS products.
    Just sayin'. ;)

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bingo. Because the factory LED's were banned in the USA people retrofit these crappy kits that blind you.

thrak410 likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Here ya go...

https://m.olightstore.com/warrior-x-3.html

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

This is why I love Fenix flashlights.

I have one that will roast a marshmallow@ 100 yards. They dim their lights in short order.

Fwiw my dad taught me to drive and you dim your lights for any oncoming traffic regardless of how far away they are.

R Acree, Motofun352 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Buncha old ass squares in here...Why are you grandpas even out past dark? Did you run late at the 4pm Shoney's early bird buffet?

Lights too bright...heres your fix

[​IMG]

:D

cha0s#242, cpettit, Ducati89 and 2 others like this.
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Had one at work and loved it until I lost it

Moved on to a pelican

10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say anything about emissions. It’s about safety.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

PA has yearly vehicle inspections. Depending on the county, diesels are exempt from emissions testing.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or instead of punishing EVERY motorist... target the unsafe vehicles.

13. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I think the height is as much of an issue as the brightness. 2021 GMC 2500 and my lights on low beam align perfectly with a car's mirrors/driver's head height. I probably get the high beam flash once a week, I gladly return the favor so they know my high beam isn't on and we are both blind with a closing speed usually in excess of 100mph. OEM lights no lift or leveling.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The headlights aren't the issue, it's the idiots installing them or the crappy lift kit to go to the mall. Aiming is the issue much more than the amount of light.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The complaint isn't about people running with high beams on....

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My bike had LED lights and if I have a passenger on the back seat, it tilts the front end up and I imagine it can be blinding to oncoming trafic.

17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Yes! I wish cops would pull over people with mirrors taped on and tail lights hanging out. I have mixed feelings because I haul a lot of shit and it’s a pain to tie down but after a hammer went into my windshield doing 75mph on the freeway I feel like there’s a lot of unsecured loads too.

18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

It comes from their association with Hardley, who need 3 headlights, poorly aimed, to barely see the road. :crackup:

Pixelator likes this.