1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online sellers, resellers, who's doing it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tell me about it. Good side gig? What platform do you use? Gumroad? Etsy? Amazon? Is any of this worthwhile?

2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I suspect OnlyFans will be the appropriate platform for you :D

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

No idea but recently on Amazon there seems to be an increase in scam seller listing various products way underpriced and having fake positive reviews. Then they never ship the product. All with similar type address or names.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's becoming worse than ebay, and that's not counting the crap made in other lands products that are usually cheap copied garbage.

5. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

I've been selling rustic wood stuff on Etsy for about 5 years now. It's SLOW starting out. Plus the number of Etsy sellers has more than doubled in that time so there's more competition than before. That said, if your stuff catches on somehow, it's great. Just have to be selling something that is somehow different than the other 5,000,000+ sellers on the site. People say it's a snowball that takes forever to get going. I concur.

Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's the sort of info I'm curious about. I get random stuff from shows I could flip just wonder if it's worth the time.

They take a cut I guess? Do you get a break on shipping?

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Get yourself a CNC wood router and a cricut and make live, laugh, love signs out of old barn board. It's the new MLM (moms losing money) scheme up here.

Or better yet, start a CNC wood router company to sell to them through amazon. Next level thinking.

rice r0cket and shakazulu12 like this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You can't sell used groupies on Etsy

9. KrashBandit

They take about 8-12% depending on whether the sale is generated by an Etsy ad(that you opt into) or via organic search. Their shipping service is somewhat discounted via USPS, but I generally use the Pit Bull UPS or FedEx account since we ship a lot of product and have discounted rates. The USPS Etsy rates are still better about half the time, but I prefer to use the other carriers 9 times out of 10.

10. KrashBandit

I had a CNC router(Shapeoko) early on, but couldn't seem to make any money on it. I've got a big flatbed printer now so I print all sorts of crap on wood. I assumed it would be all that "Gather" and "Live, Laugh, Love" stuff, but here lately it's mostly football stadiums, dog memorials, and occasional nursery decor. I do build my own reclaimed barnwood frames...Gives me a way to unwind after work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan Dubeau, BigBird and noles19 like this.