1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Be careful what you wish for. When it turns into a Spanish Cup, viewership will drop in a lot of countries, less advertising money to support the sport, and sooner or later, it will all trickle down.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm conflicted. I personally only care about watching the best riders regardless of nationality, but I also know I'm an outlier. Casual/normal viewers want someone to cheer for, and the guy that talks like them is an easy guy to cheer for.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

[QUOTE="prm, post: 5971136, member: Suzuki and Honda use the traditional screamer I4. [/QUOTE]

um. What? Incorrect

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I don't think you're off about people watching the best riders.

Case in point: Vale is/was selling his swag everywhere. East Asia don't seem to mind who is riding. Argentinians neither, ...and France didn't mind for a looong time... (alright, they had Tech Trois and Andy DePuniet.) :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Boobietitties needs to put his head down and go hard. Roberts, needs to put in wins.

there’s going to be a Yamaha slot open soon and if it’s not an eye-talian, it’ll be a ‘Mercian.

brits suck in motogp. Crash, crash, top 5, crash, 10th, 4th, crash while challenging for 3rd. . . They are the next next next sheene of England. . . And then they are off to wsbk and then off to BSB. Rea was their chance but he got hondered.

MachineR1 and cpettit like this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

…..so no Turk possibly in the line up?

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yea, why wouldnt they stick Toprak on withu and promise him 2023 equipment? seems the most logical if they are able to retain Quart

Quicktoy and stk0308 like this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Nobody gives two fucks about turkey except on thanksgiving

Nathey, Quicktoy, noles19 and 6 others like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because he's already said no to that for 2022? (Well, his manager did)

11. henry_carlson

okay so lets say Quart stays, then what does he do? hes already left one manufacturer because he wasn't happy. do you think he'll leave Yamaha?

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I’m bored so… I will predict Pol back to GP Yamaha and Raz to Repsol in 2023. Will be interesting to see how many years of patience RNF/Yamaha will have with the younger Binder. Always lots of talk about who doesn’t deserve their seat in GP and I know it’s early days for him but I think of everyone he is on the shortest leash.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know. Why do you assume he isn't happy where he is? And why does Quartararo have to leave for Razgatlioglu to get on the factory GP team anyway? If they really want it to happen, they can make it happen regardless. Franco isn't making a compelling case at the moment.

14. henry_carlson

hmm hat didnt even cross my mind, he did sign until the end of 23 so they could just wait morbidelli out, or as you say, get rid of him whenever. i think he will be ready to join gp after this year because of that private test stuff he is doing this summer and he won a title already and apparently is the fill in rider already if anyone gets hurt.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure that Yamaha has a compelling offer for anyone that wants to win in MotoGP right now.

Toprak will likely stay put in WSBK (or until that Yamaha fucks up also).

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

During the last round Moto2, the announcers were talking about the Moto2 riders that could look toward MotoGP in the future, Agura, Aldeguar, Canet, Acosta, etc. However, they said that if a seat opened up right now, the best bet would be Beaubier since he has the big bike and premier class experience and would have the best chance in the immediate future and the others would be better long term bets.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Horse pucks! They won the previous championship, is a well balanced bike and they pay well. Riders would lined up to take it up the butt just for a chance to sign with them.

Ya know what, I’ll say what everyone is thinking: F@ck Toprak!

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm all for American nationalism and am a massive Cam Beaubier fan, but that logic doesn't track. Unless Dorna strong-arms some MotoGP team, we're not going to see a 30+ year old rookie. The rest of those guys have a better shot on pure age alone, hell Pedro Acosta and Fermin Aldeguer are 16 or 17 years old. A factory can invest in them and have two decades of ROI. Much harder to justify that same investment when CB is 30 years old.

BigBird likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I would agree with your assessment if we were still in 2021 and, indeed, who cares about Toprak. (That said, I'd love it if Dorna returned to the Turkey GP track, that was a spectacular piece of asphalt)

This year Yamaha seem to have morphed into Honda where only one rider is capable of doing anything with their bike. One could argue about Dovi and divebomb not being particularly up to snuff but Franco is also struggling badly.

Yamaha used to have this 'Perfect for rookies' shine to it but seemed to have been dulled off....

20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Too late