1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fair price for 18+ liter bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by playa247, Apr 20, 2022.

?

which liter bike

1. r1

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. gxr1000

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. zx10

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. playa247

playa247 Member

I'm kinda new to the track scene, so needs some advice Lol. I began track riding in 2020 and rides in B group with a fast pace. I ride my sfv4 on the track rn. It's great but I could have more fun on a track bike. Approximately 10 track days per year, and that's pretty much my limit. Not looking for 600cc. Here comes the question, what is a good price for 2018+ liter bike, r1, gxr1000 and zx10r?

I really just need the basic stuff. Aftermarket fairings, forged wheels, better forks and shock, brembo master cylinder, steel braided brake lines, rearsets, an aftermarket pipe and a tune, etc. The engine doesn't need to be up to racing spec.

With a budget of around 13K, what kind of bike does that get me? Im in the NY/NJ area

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. Robby Ringnalda

Robby Ringnalda Well-Known Member

One. Get an r6 you can get a fully loaded one for 10k.

2 forged wheels are a basic necessity? If your in b group you should get into racing on a 400 or a 600 imo. With that budget you can get an r1 though.

3. playa247

playa247 Member

thanks for the reply. I don't plan to get into racing. So I want to buy a liter bike that sounds good, look good and is very capable. Track riding is like skiiing to me, I have a really nice pair of skis that I don't push to the limit either. At the end of the day I just want to have a load of fun.

4. Suitntie89

Suitntie89 Well-Known Member

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

if doing track days only, you dont want any motor work. a superbike built motor should be rebuilt yearly and a supersport built motor is every 2 seasons. that's an extra $3k-$5k expense you dont want for a track day rider.

Will9465 likes this.
  6. playa247

playa247 Member

Yep, that's exactly why I need the engine to be oem. Race spec motor needs to be maintained. It's just not realistic to me.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It will be extremely difficult to find something in your list as an 18+ with uprated suspension and all the other common track-based odds and ends. For $13K you'd be hard pressed to find a bone-stock street bike.

You are either going to need to lower your expectations or up your budget.

This 2015 R1 with low miles in fantastic condition, clean title, and some really nice mods was overpriced initially, but once he got it down to a reasonable price it sold quickly......

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...race-bike-370mi-on-build-1089mi-total.377398/

Danny G likes this.
  8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be selling one of my personal instructors bikes soon.....2018 GSXR 1K, purchased new in late 2020. 3K miles, very well maintained. Price will be in the 14-15k range.

• 2018 GSXR - R model.
    • Graves Ti Pipe
    • Custom FT ECU electronics
    • Cox radiator guards
    • Attack rearsets
    • Custom Ohlins FKR cartridges (brand new)
    • Custom valved Ohlins TTX rear shock (brand new)
    • Deleted ABS with Speiegler lines
    • Galespeed Brake Master
    • Ohlins steering damper
    • Woodcraft bars
    • Stock bodywork

- spare rear wheel plus more spares if interested.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You might shit your pants riding a liter bike. Even very experienced riders would agree with that.

TurboBlew and BlueR32 like this.
  10. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

11. Rehh

Rehh Well-Known Member

Like you I’m just out to have fun doing track days and not interested in racing. I have tons of injuries and health problems from many years of skydiving, motocross, snow boarding and surfing, not looking to push the limits anymore by racing. I like having the extra power of a liter bike, I’m 6’3 220lbs naked, those little 5’8 150lb dudes and girls on 600s are about the same speed as me down the straights with the weight and size difference.
    Definitely don’t buy anything with a built motor, agree with that. I think you should lower your minimum year, there are some really nice well built and maintained older bikes that would perform just as well. I ride a 2006 GSXR1000 and 2014 BMW S1000RR. I only have about 8 or 9 track days but all in the last 10 months, Been promoted to intermediate in all 6 organizations who operate in the SE and will soon start getting evaluated for advanced. As far as what liter bikes I see the most at the track
    1 R1
    2 gsxr
    3 BMW
    4 Ducati
    5 zx10

12. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

13. playa247

playa247 Member

I already do, riding the streetfighter v4

14. playa247

playa247 Member

you're in california right?

15. khill

khill Well-Known Member

The bike is actually in Ohio right now!

16. Dougie Fresh

Dougie Fresh Member

17. BG1

BG1 Active Member

It for sure can be done, just need to spend some time searching. Grabbed a lightly modded street trim 2019 cbr1000rr for 9500, and 8 months ago a 2016 rsv4 factory for 11.5k.

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

That is a very fair deal...... @playa247

That bike would certainly tick every single one of those boxes and then some.....

Dougie Fresh likes this.
  19. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

2015 bmw s1000rr for sale in south Florida. Has a lot of goods. 13k obo . It’s listed on here if you look at my history