1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 TL1000R for sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by TLR67, Apr 1, 2022.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Clean Ohio Title. Set up for the track only… Thought I might see if anyone here on the beer wanted this before I part it out and post elsewhere. Needs a new transmission more than likely. Had a slight clunk in the box last weekend at Barber after Saturday. I removed the clutch basket and spindle would get caught up periodically which told me there is a broken tooth in there somewhere.. Bike fires and dosent knock and no shavings in the oil after drained however cases will need to be split if you want it fixed and I am not going down that road.. Will trade for a decent 2nd Gen SV 650 project…

Penske 8987 with linkage
    Full M4 System
    SebiMoto Fairings with Carbon Tail
    Woodcraft rear sets
    Apex clip ons
    RK chain and JT sprockets
    Braided lines
    955 4 pot calipers

bunch of other stuff just can’t think of it… Whole thing $3500 Located in North GA. Text me for pics or call for more details… 404414330seven

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

BEFA2BD8-40B7-4D4A-B298-A5DD0D348702.jpeg

JR Halverson likes this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Damn damn damn…GLWS.

4. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

Yo Marc, it's Dan, I've got a good engine just countershaft is rounded off from sprocket not tightened. You can have it dirt cheap if you.want. I'm Jax fl

TLR67 likes this.
  5. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Man Marc don’t tempt me. Might have an SV trade……

TLR67 likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You need this!

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Like a whole in the head :crackup:

Too bad Marc wants a 2G project, 1Gs I have in abundance.

TTT…GLWS Marc.

ducnut and TLR67 like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Could work out a package deal for the pair and spares if the price was right… CC9D6E78-E19F-40C2-A068-42F6B0EA7F71.jpeg

lwshack likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I so hate you right now Marc..

03RumbleBee likes this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMAO….. I want to keep racing but honestly am ready for a change… SV, Older SRAD, even been entertaining g building a modern 600… then there is this second Motard thought… I just don’t know what the fuck to do honestly but I know I don’t need to put in any more money in these baby’s.. Honestly I would love to rebuild in but just don’t have the funds, time or know how to dive into it… If I don’t sell it it will be parted or kept for spares..

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Tentative deal for a 650 in the works… If it falls through I will be parting her out…

ToofPic likes this.
  12. My TL1000R just went under the knife for a major overhaul last week so i don't need another major project. But i would probably be interested in some parts. I wanna build/buy a track ready TLR. Can't hurt to start stockpiling parts

13. tlr2k

tlr2k Member

Dang TLR67!! Didn't realize that was you on Fanatics!! Hard to believe you're giving up the TL life as long as you've been into them!!

TLR67 and Rehh like this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am still racing another one… don’t worry… Just eliminating one for another bike for another class…

15. tlr2k

tlr2k Member

WHEW!! That's a relief!! Love seeing these ridden in anger!! Plus I love your write ups and pictures in Fanatics!! Great stuff!!

TLR67 likes this.
  16. Rehh

Rehh Well-Known Member

I rode TL1000Rs with Marc on the street back in the early 2000s, I had an 02, surprised to find him here still riding em all these years later, I’m guessing one of these is the same bike he rode with me hack then.

TLR67 likes this.
  17. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I remember some epic North Georgia runs. Then he started doing track days with that big pig (TLR). Some good times at Putnam. :beer:

Amazing he is still rolling that chassis around after nearly 20 years!:crackup:

18. Rehh

Rehh Well-Known Member

Oh you were riding with us back then? Nice to see you still at it. I see Reece is still riding too, street, see him on meetup.
    I Low sided off the mountain at the Dragon on my TLR, fixed it but my shoulder was damaged so bad I couldn’t ride for 2yrs. Sold TLR bought a gsxr600, then caught Lyme disease and couldn’t ride for a few years. Now started doing track days last year 0n BMW and have GSXR I ride the street.

TLR67 likes this.
  19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I was know as 0hi0 back in those daze.

Did my last track day at Texas World Speedway and my kids (Avatar on the left) was cleaning up my pits. They loved being at the track and was really in to it. Then it just hit me how selfish I was being by doing something that only benefited myself at a very high risk. Sold the RSV and turned our trail bikes into mini roadracing machines. Few years later sold my VFR because I didn't have time to ride it as we were focused on the kids program.

That is some rotten luck. But I'm glad you have preserved and back on track.

Yea, I remember Reece. Good ole days

20. Rehh

Rehh Well-Known Member

nice to hear your still involved and mentoring your little Rossis, I’m sure that just as gratifying as riding yourself.