1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best starter bike class and machinery

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Have you reached out to Brian Van? Max seems to be doing OK and is the same age as your rider. Probably some good info there.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hey he didn't lose it, it got jammed up into his sinus:crackup:

3. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Mostly in relation to braking (or lack thereof) and line selection on big tracks. It can carry over to the twin and still be pretty successful. But I find it ill preparation for middleweight and big bikes. Again, I know it’s not a popular opinion, but It’s just an observation from someone who’s been pretty close, trackside, for a few years now.

Triple X, Nathey, voss555 and 5 others like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation that's a interesting take that makes a lot of sense and could explain some of the struggles we've seen moving to a 600

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Damn that looks fun! I wish we had something like that around here.

6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Opa Locka ? They used to run down there . Not sure anymore ? PBIR ?

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

PBIR hosted it's last track day / race last week, it will be closed going forward. Turning it into a WalMart Distribution center. The Kart track there had been closed since last year, they had a fatality on a kart and decided they didn't want the hassle.

Last I heard, the track in OpaLocka got shortened so much that they basically gave up. Homestead has karting, but it's a parking lot with barriers that form the track and as far as I know, they don't run bikes there.

Bushnell is the closest, or Orlando Karting center.

I'm hoping someone will figure something out, because with PBIR closing, it's going to put a serious dent in the Car and Motorcycle track activities in FL. They hosted ALOT of trackdays, Homestead is pretty expensive by comparison.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Is the drag strip closed too?

9. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

They run bikes at Andersen’s in Palmetto . They have open track days daily check the schedule and South Florida Mini Moto GP runs a series through Fl and 1 stop in Ga . Great group

Gino230 likes this.