1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you afraid of dying?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 12, 2022.

?

Are you afraid of dying?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Somewhere in between

30 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Your grandpa sounds like an awesome man. I lost mine decades ago (1979) and there has been a hole where he was the entire time. I was closer to him than my dad. That said, the pain lessens and the memories take over to the point where the pride you can take in recounting the man's life and character to others outweigh the loss. What an awesome legacy he has.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"I'm feeling much better!"

SuddenBraking, Steeltoe and Funkm05 like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm afraid of almost dying. That's a tougher road depending on the physical state in which you are left in after the near death experience.

BigBird, sdg and sheepofblue like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm with Plarp...fuck this shit.

5. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Anyone that says no is full of shit. Virtually everything we do is to prevent death. There's a marked difference between being afraid to die, and being afraid to live. I think most motorcyclists want to live and experience as much as possible. We may be less likely to worry about trivial injuries, but to say I/we aren't afraid to die is complete and utter horseshit. I guarantee everyone that said no will be clawing at the doctors and nurses to save them when/if something happens.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

General curiosity is the one thing that was because me to regret being dead. But then again, I'd be dead.

I've had many occasions to think about stuff along the lines of "fuck, if I get an opportunity to end this thing now, do I take it or do I wait to find out if Nicky Hayden is ever going to be world champion?" I kid you not.

BigBird, Wingnut and motion like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wrong. In many cases, it's to prevent suffering.

BigBird, sdg, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  8. flewid

flewid Well-Known Member

I fear nothing that's tangible. I've no kids and my wife knows she married an adrenalin junkie, competitor and a dreamer. What she doesn't know is I fear being drained slowly of life from disease. I fear dying alone and fear that I never made a difference. I work on changing that everyday.

BigBird and gixer1100 like this.
  9. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Afraid of sickness and/or debilitating issues...
    Not afraid of dying....this is the "noob" zone. ..next level is where its at.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bullshit. Not wanting to die, rephrased as not wanting to stop living, is NOT the same as fearing death.

skidooboy, tjnyzf and bpro like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not really afraid but as already said I'm more worried about hanging on and suffering from something. Now that I have my first grandchild, almost a year old, I've been thinking about how it would suck if I don't get to see him grow up and be part of it.

tjnyzf likes this.
  13. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

I'm already dead inside so...

969 likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dont worry, you'll cheer up when you get expert plates!!! :Poke:

969 likes this.
  15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

if-you-eat-well-get-good-sleep-exercise-and-drink-27744002.png 1101930531_400.jpg

969 likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah I don't want to check out until I find the best baguette in Paris. For reals.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Now Ive got an image in my head of a crazy american on an ADV bike riding thru Paris with a backpack full of baguettes, hitting people on their heads with said bread, yelling "not this one! This one sucks! This one tastes like cardboard!! Ive had better baguettes in Russia!"

BigBird, skidooboy and motion like this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I fear the normal stuff like checking out before I should for my wife/kids, but what I really fear is not figuring out the nature of this existence before leaving it. If that all becomes clear the moment I exit, cool, but I want to know what the fuck I just went through and why.

BigBird and Rico888 like this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Seems cocky checking no but... When I was run over I could not breath for a bit and figured 'well this is it' After a few seconds of panic when I figured it was the end I just kind of relaxed and experienced it. Likely helped breathing as a short time after I got able to breath again (just had the wind super knocked out of me when I was run over) So I figure when the time comes again it will be just something to ride out on the way out.

BigBird likes this.
  20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am figuring on haunted folks for a while...

Photo likes this.