1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK |ROUND 01 | Pirelli Aragon Round | 08 - 10 APR

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Got to say I'm a little disappointed with Garrett, doesn't look like any improvement from last year. :(

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Rea showing how it’s done with a clean pass for the win.

koth442 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I saw great improvement. He finished. Last year he tried to take out Rea on lap one.

Suzuka_joe and rice r0cket like this.
  4. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

From first corner til last, wheel to wheel. Wow what a race.

cpettit and Quicktoy like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's like those top three guys don't even accept to let one another lead for even one lap if they can help it. Makes for great racing!

However, winner of the day so far is Baldassari and his WSS final lap antics. Good gawd, even Marquez hasn't done that yet! :D

cav115, Quicktoy and wortdog like this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Is it just me or does that yamaha look like it’s on the struggle bus getting off the corners?

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just like the M1.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not convinced Aegerter ever touched him, from the two angles I saw on TV. He got back up kind of the same way Baz did at COTA a few years back when he was on the Avintia Ducati.

11. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Hard to tell. At about 9 seconds in the clip you posted as they come into the frame, it looks like Aegerter's bike twitches as it would if there were contact. If no contact, it was real close.

HOWEVER, it appears Baldassari's front end kept sliding after that before finally recovering. So I'm at minimum half wrong (contact but didn't result in save) or completely wrong (no contact just an awesome / lucky save).

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He flinched and ran wide.

27 likes this.
  13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

first race of the season and he finished top independent. last year he tried winning the whole thing into turn 1 and it really hurt him so he's probably learning a bit of patience now. He's on a better bike this year so he'll have a shot at being up front.

Dragginass and Quicktoy like this.
  14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Garrett has been racing as a Pro for over 10 years now - one brain fart and a talking to by the Yamaha boss shouldn't have given him that much of a setback. I get the feeling any of the Top 3 from today could yard sale the entire grid and be right back on pole the next round.

His bike is basically unchanged since the beginning of last year when he got upgraded to a similar package as Raz and Locatelli - improvements this year are only in electronics tweaks with emphasis on engine braking according to GG, plus any improvements he got are given to the other 3 Yamahas on the grid as well and it sure looks like Rea's bike has been fine tuned to perfection this offseason and the Duc has added 7th gear - at best he's on par with the grid in terms of where he was last year.

On the flip side, at least he's not Scott Redding right now.

15. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Bummed for Redding - I like seeing him up front . He’s a cowboy. He took the $ over the bike this season .

16. Quicktoy

Save was amazing.

17. Quicktoy

He didn’t have any other offers. Duc wanted smaller riders and Yamaha and Kawasaki were already full and Honda wanted newer different talent.

18. Quicktoy

Great wsbk superpole and great Wss race 2. Lot of battling to the end.

19. Rinaldi, wtf.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I'd say Honda got some good talent in Iker, best showing the Honda has had yet

Quicktoy likes this.