1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I knew there was someone on here that bought a Canik recently. I was looking this morning through here for the post to see if there was a range report follow up and bam, here it is. I talked to my FFL cousin today about them. Thinking of grabbing the Mete in Bronze/black. For the price it is too tempting. I've been looking at the FN LS Edge, but hard to justify 2 1/2 times the price and most reviewers don't like the trigger on the Edge.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I can't speak for him, but for me, yes, the Canik is the best handgun trigger I have ever used. I assume it doesn't compare favorably to a $1,000 custom trigger fashioned from rare materials and polished to a mirror finish or whatever. But compared to the other guns in my safe (all very budget friendly), the Canik is the best.

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

:crackup::moon:

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Picking up my TX22 tonight.

i hate that 22lr is nearly triple what it should cost, but it beats 9mm…

sanee, Photo and Triple X like this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I bought the competition version and am taking up Speed Steel again. I've got several cases of .22, and I'll suck it up and pay the going rate before I'll drop the coin on more cases of .45 at this point.

Triple X likes this.
  6. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I can't believe how much I like mine.
    Bought a 15-22 pistol also.
    Never thought I'd like shooting .22 but it's a blast.

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I've got a M&P compact 22 thats been pretty flawless. Lots of fun.

That new Sig 22 looks interesting. 20 rd capacity I think.

RRP and Photo like this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I don't think 3 cent rounds of .22 are coming back any time soon, but yeah- it's still like 1/6th the price of 9mm

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Hosing steel with .22 is hilarious. I ended up buying the Tx22 simply because my GF was hogging all the time on my GSG 1911-22 and I wanted something I could mount an optic on. Fun for everyone and even with current prices, still basically a free day at the range. And the skills transfer over to full power ammo anyway, so might as well have fun and get better at the same time.

Watch this space, Broome is going to have a 10k .22 spacegun any moment now after reading these last few posts.

Triple X likes this.
  10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Never buy a first generation Sig, unless you're OK with wearing a name tag that says "Beta Tester" ;)

Jedb likes this.
  11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Shhhhh. @Gorilla George doesn't know about Bergara yet....

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I got a TX22 for my daughter for Christmas. Honestly, knowing the typical Taurus history, I'm blown away by it. It eats ANY 22lr you throw at it, and the trigger is damn good. My wife uses it to get herself "zeroed" in before moving to her 9mm.

Triple X likes this.
  13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

These places have some aftermarket parts for the tx22 . I got the recoil assembly from lakelinellc.

when I first got mine the tx22 was having problems with the stock coil assembly wearing out the slide .

"the buffer absorbs and damps some of the shock load into the slide from the spring when firing the pistol. The polymer buffer rides against the slide, preventing anything steel from a spring or washer from riding on the soft aluminum slide as in other designs. The Lakeline LLC Buffered Recoil Assembly simply can’t mark or gouge the slide on your TX22. There is nothing better to enhance the longevity of your TX22 slide."

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/lakeline-recoil-assembly-for-taurus-tx22/

https://www.tandemkross.com/Taurus™-TX22_c_235.html

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I have a dead air suppressor on my m&p 22 . I could shoot it in my back yard and no one would know. I put a light on it and I can tact-a-roll around the house pretending I'm in splinter cell.

Triple X likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody shot and AR with the Alamo-15 trigger? I just picked one up. Not sure how there even legal, but Im grabbing another one before they stop them. I havent got mine installed yet but if it works like it should its going to be badass!

britx303 likes this.
  16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Not sure whether to thank you or be mad at ya!!:flag::D

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Thoughts on SIG 365 with the holographic optic built in ?

My vision has been going to shit lately, I held one at the range and seems like a good EDC gun for me. Skinny, not too small.

18. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

If the Alamo-15 is a forced reset trigger then I wouldn't bother picking one up. The ATF is cracking down on those hard right now. Anyone in possession of one is guilty of owning a machine gun and subject to all fines/jailtime associated with that. Get a Geissele and be done with it.

Oh and the Sig 365XL with the Romeo Zero is a good package as an EDC gun. Very accurate and no reliability issues thus far. Just make sure to stock up on those stupid little batteries that the optic takes. They don't last very long.

tony 340 likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine it turns itself on and off quite a few times during the week accidentally

20. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I am intrigued by those 22 (the Sig and the Taurus) as an option to train the wife and kids on a less expensive round