1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody watch the Oscars?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Yeah, if these guys just want "attention", Chris Rock wants it for being a funny comedian, and Will wants it for being a great actor. Nobody involved in this came out ahead. Also, anyone who says "there's no such thing as bad publicity"…has never received bad publicity before.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good Point. There's like 100 memes a minute right now with the whole slap

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Anyone saying Will Smith is a great actor needs to rewatch any of his terrible terrible movies.
    Seriously, the guy's got issues.

motoboy likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I actually would've been more suspicious if it had been a punch. But a bitch slap? Nah, dawg. He wasn't complicit. :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you seen some of the movies Al Pacino or Robert De Niro have made? Even "great actors" have roles that they cannot do the really proud of in hindsight. I'm not saying that Will Smith is a great actor. Just that having his name attached to some terrible movies does not necessarily disqualify him. I can think of a few really good roles too.

KneeDragger_c69, BigBird and noles19 like this.
  6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

LOL, you obviously dont know about our community. Slapping the shit out of you and you standing there like a B* is the ultimate form of disrespect. A punch wasnt needed. Will knew Chris wasnt going to fight him. Will shouldve had that same energy for that dude F** his wife. Chris is better than me. I wouldve come out that tux and it would have been him or me. And it would be on sight from here until I satisfied I got mine.

cav115, JJJerry and BigBird like this.
  7. cha0s#242

DeNiro's movies for the last 20 years have been an insult to his career, completely agree. Will Smith never had anything worth mentioning. His name on a poster is pretty much synonymous with "boring ass flick". As a lover of sci-fi, if he's in it, you just know it's going to suck.

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I think it was staged. The walking to the stage was very calm and deliberate.

That being said, Ive seen some Will Smith interviews which makes his wife seem like an overtly abusive narcissist. Which means his head is pretty messed up.

BigBird likes this.
  9. cha0s#242

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Six Degrees of Separation, Ali, Concussion, The Pursuit of Happiness, King Richard. You thought they were all bad?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You don't run to deliver a bitch slap. :Poke:

beac83, BigBird and Blammo like this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Totally staged. The Academy Awards were in the toilet. There's a war getting all the headlines. 2 comedians. Think about it.

cav115 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's no way Chris rock would have taken that "mission" even to save the NAACP awards. Y'all don't have black folks in Montana? You know what that's gonna cost him socially? :D

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Id say Will Smith is the bitch here.

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Agree 100%.

16D84BDA-48D1-43A3-9F22-B7DA312B345A.jpeg

cav115 and 418 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ain’t no fucking non gay black man gonna accept a public bitch slap.

that was the most disrespectful shit I’ve ever seen. Not only is Rock the butt of endless jokes, he showed the world he’s a bitch. There’s nothing worse that that.

noles19 likes this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Reminds me of the SX LCQ's the last couple races.

TurboBlew, spoon32 and cpettit like this.
  19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

It was an NWA joke. Chris rock played an EZ E spoof in CB4. Better catch up on your community's body of work.

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

You mean the show about self entitled assholes bragging on themselves. Naw i missed that.

cav115 and BigBird like this.