1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, Garth is back, uh? :crackup:

G 97 and DrA5 like this.
  2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

This has been a fun read over morning coffee

418 likes this.
  3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

For context, how would Petronas or Ineos feel if Sir Lewis posted a video of him in one of his supercars doing 140 on an interstate in Ohio, weaving in and around cars, passing on the shoulder, etc?
    Professionalism and realizing you are the "face" of those that pay you money to represent their products and services goes a long way versus punk actions. But I am of the Ron Dennis School of race team management. In the current culture of idiot "influencer" worship, none of that matters anymore. Get the clicks and likes and reposts however you can.
    Now get off my lawn.

G 97 and RRP like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude... who here hasn’t crashed on the banking during the 200 and caused a red flag?!

There is you.... and me.... and certainly others who will share their story...

I’m not sure if I’ve told mine but it has me following Nicky onto the banking on a restart and highsiding my bike so hard it exploded the fuel tank causing another red on live international tv back when fans were in the stands before we even cleared the infield... we fixed the bike and I finished the race, wasn’t even last of the running even with the laps down to repair...

Anyway, glad you’re ok, keep on keeping on... have fun and ride hard!

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there weren't more crashes. The track looked fairly dirty and slick. Going onto the banking the front runners seemed to be spinning a lot more than I remember seeing in the past.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Lap times and grip was held up by not enough rubber put down then washed off again and again by the rain.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    SundaySocial, Gino230 and Rising like this.
  7. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

The car I flipped was outside vir

27 and G 97 like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because my Mom has everything to do about your previous stupid statements and Herrin behaving like a douche in the paddock, brilliant.
    What level of stupid? I asked you to provided a very basic and simple example to support your statements, instead you run away like a little bitch and make Mom comments. It’s not my fault you can’t support your prior position. You’re the one making statements and proclamations relating to social media and the industry etc so don’t act like a little pussy when you can’t provide any insight or relative examples.
    You’re not going to offer anything because you can’t - Don’t get upset then play it off as simply it being a choice. Run along.

DrA5 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Speaking of lobster it was awesome seeing Gobert after the Louden round come into this restaurant/bar all shit faced and command, “Bring me the biggest fucking lobster you got”. The place had like a 12 pounder or something. I don’t think Gobert ate any of it. LOL. That’s all I know about lobster. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

While on the social media bandwagon , I was wondering how many new fans it brought into the speedway. The place looked empty on tv.

27 likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

All those little roads on that NC/VA border with no run off it’s easier to do... little different than Chicago :D

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Weather > Social Media :D

koth442 and JBall like this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

I didn't say anything to you sweetheart until you thought you were going to be cute and quoted my post. Now you're butthurt because I'm not willing to argue with your stupid. Take your meds. Damn you're acting like a fucking loser.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they were... infield only. Makes the 90s look like a mob scene & even then it wasnt crowded for the premier event it was billed as.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks for the confirmation of not knowing what you are talking about.
    Keep spinning. You’re an idiot.

DrA5 likes this.
  16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

There was a handful of spectators in the grandstands for the 200 on Saturday, I believe they were closed before. The paddock had a few fans but not many.

When walking back to our paddock from hot pit I ran into a group of guys wearing Harley leathers, greeted them and asked how they like the baggers racing. They said they missed it and wanted to know where they were located but didn't know much about what was going on. I think the days of large spectator turnout are gone, even bagger and hooligan racing won't bring them back. Main Street is there for the bars and off track attractions, not the racing. The weather surely had some impact, but I don't think there would have been a big difference since Saturday was pretty clear.

Attached Files:

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

When we moved in Wednesday, it seemed very crowded- I'm thinking the 100% chance of rain for Thursday-Sunday means a lot of people left early.

ajcjr and Nathey like this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the Speedway has their own venders or do the venders pay to vend?

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Vendors of what? And yes they have their own food stands inside the Speedway

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let’s be clear mother fucker, you can have any opinion you like, fine with me. But…When you bring my Mom into the discussion, it’s all I need to know.